April 2015 Weddings

What's next?

Hey, girls!
This is similar to the "What have you booked" thread, but I figured that since that was a while ago, I should try a new thread. We currently have our venue (which includes catering), our photographer and DJ, so we've got the big things out of the way .... but what should come next? We aren't doing a videographer, so ...florist? It seems really early to be doing that, but as I'm trying to finish up my masters degree in December I want to get as much out of the way as possible before hand. 
Suggestions, please!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What's next?

• caitlinmcacaitlinmca member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited April 2014
    Well, I already had my dress/veil, the venue/catering, photographer and cake as well as we already have all of our rings already bought and tuxedo colors and pricing set in stone.

Most recently, my mom bought her mother of the bride dress, we met our officiant, and we met with one florist who gave us a quote of $508.50 which led us to set up 3 other floral appointments for May 3rd, May 7th and one in July. I was originally also stuck on roses and calla lillies, not anymore with this first lady of $508.50.

All we have left is to find the DJ. We have ideas on gifts for our bridal party but we are waiting to order them, we are doing a candy bar for our favors as well as adding buckeyes and cake pops to the candy bar and our colors are yellow and grey and I found a recipe that you can make limoncello as another "adult" favor but I would have to see if our venue would allow that. We found pdf std and invites from etsy that you can take to a copy shop and can print as many or as few as you want that we love for less than you would from wedding paper divas or minted or some of the other wedding invite sites that go with our theme that we are going to go with but have to wait for our engagement photos in July before we can do our std's.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'd move onto your dress and engagement photos. Those are the fun parts before you start to get into all the crazy details! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @hmgiffor: And both are now done! I didn't think I'd find my dress so soon, but being as I'm not a size 2 ordering early is better than waiting. 
    And our engagement pictures turned out great, too! I'm getting our STD's ready to go, thinking I'll order them next month and then send them out either mid July or early August.
    When is everyone else sending theirs out?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I actually just sent mine out on Tuesday. We are having a destination wedding so I wanted to let people know ASAP. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am sending my std out in mid August to the end of August. Of course most of our family and friends already know the date and have taken the time off lol
  • We have done our engagement photos, sent out the save the dates, have the venue, photographer, band, and I have my dress.
  • How many dresses/shops did y'all go?  I'm beginning to think I'm not going to have a bridal moment.
  • I went to 1. Bridesmaids dresses I've gone to one store this far and will look at a few others.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I went to 4 stores total and found my dress at the 2nd. I wouldn't have gone to the others but the last 3 appointments were all on the same day and I wanted to make sure there wasn't anything I'd like better.

I asked my MOH to get a knee-length black dress, so I'm leaving that up to her for the details.
  • edited July 2014
    You ladies are making me feel way behind!  We have an appt to see the venue tomorrow and if all goes we'll finally have our actual date set.  Hoping and praying for April.  I can't do anything else until the date is set in stone so it looks like I will be playing catch up for awhile.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Don't stress (I should be taking my own advice)!  There is still lots and lots of time - good luck on the venue appointment!
  • I went to 4 stores to find mine. I didn't truly have my bridal moment until I got my accessories....and then I bawled haha!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I went probably 7until I finally found my dream dress. I cant wait to the actual dress comes in ( ordered it in white instead of the off white sample. )
  • I'm just starting my dress shopping with an appointment on Tuesday.  I'm having a lot of anxiety over the whole dress thing, so I only started out by scheduling one appointment (we'll see how it goes from there).  I plan on trying on a little of everything to see what works best, and then go from there.  I know what I want for BM dresses, but my sister and I will go scope that out in the next week or so.

We have pretty much all the big items covered: venue, florist, band, photographer, etc...  We're having our engagement pictures done today, and STDs will go out Labor Day weekend.

I love hearing about everyone's adventures, it's so exciting =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm just starting my dress shopping with an appointment on Tuesday.  I'm having a lot of anxiety over the whole dress thing, so I only started out by scheduling one appointment (we'll see how it goes from there).  I plan on trying on a little of everything to see what works best, and then go from there.  I know what I want for BM dresses, but my sister and I will go scope that out in the next week or so.

We have pretty much all the big items covered: venue, florist, band, photographer, etc...  We're having our engagement pictures done today, and STDs will go out Labor Day weekend.

It may only take one appointment! I only scheduled one and found mine. If where your shopping has other dresses besides bridal gowns go take a peek at the BM dresses while your there for ideas. That is what my mom and I did for her MOB dress and that's how she found her dress and fell in love. We found my dress and they had MOB dresses and BM dresses and we peeked and she and I found one that would fit the color scheme and one that my mom loved.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

It may only take one appointment! I only scheduled one and found mine. If where your shopping has other dresses besides bridal gowns go take a peek at the BM dresses while your there for ideas. That is what my mom and I did for her MOB dress and that's how she found her dress and fell in love. We found my dress and they had MOB dresses and BM dresses and we peeked and she and I found one that would fit the color scheme and one that my mom loved.
    I went today and found my dress!  I wasn't even going to try it at first because I didn't think I could pull it off, but lo and behold, I loved it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

I went today and found my dress!  I wasn't even going to try it at first because I didn't think I could pull it off, but lo and behold, I loved it!

Ooooo!! Now you have to post a picture lol! Congrats another piece of the puzzle completed.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Ooooo!! Now you have to post a picture lol! Congrats another piece of the puzzle completed

Thanks!  I ended up having some major anxiety later going back and forth over whether I was ready to commit or continue shopping, but decided this morning that it was the one.

All I have for now is a picture from the website (no bolero for me though), but when I go back to buy/try on again, I'm hoping they'll let me take a picture. 

Sophia Tolli | Style No. › Y11214 | Intricate lace detailing on point d’esprit denotes this stunning two-piece dress set. Felicita offers a superbly hand-beaded bodice and sweetheart neckline with a richly embellished point d’esprit cap sleeve bolero jacket to match. Romance resonates from this slim A-line gown and will wow your Prince Charming with a semi-illusion chapel length train. Felicita also boasts [...]

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Ooooo!! Now you have to post a picture lol! Congrats another piece of the puzzle completed

Thanks!  I ended up having some major anxiety later going back and forth over whether I was ready to commit or continue shopping, but decided this morning that it was the one.

All I have for now is a picture from the website (no bolero for me though), but when I go back to buy/try on again, I'm hoping they'll let me take a picture. 

Sophia Tolli | Style No. › Y11214 | Intricate lace detailing on point d’esprit denotes this stunning two-piece dress set. Felicita offers a superbly hand-beaded bodice and sweetheart neckline with a richly embellished point d’esprit cap sleeve bolero jacket to match. Romance resonates from this slim A-line gown and will wow your Prince Charming with a semi-illusion chapel length train. Felicita also boasts [...]

Thats AMAZING!!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Very beautiful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards