Favors

Lavender sachets

I want to make lavender sachets for favors, as our main colour and decor feature is lavender. I know this is not a ever-popular food favor and that perhaps the men wouldn't appreciate their socks smelling of lavender but I think it would really fit with our wedding. I will be either stamping the bags or including a little tag (depending on how creative I feel) with a 'thank you' and possibly our wedding date and initials. 

Thoughts on this idea? 

Re: Lavender sachets

• I want to make lavender sachets for favors, as our main colour and decor feature is lavender. I know this is not a ever-popular food favor and that perhaps the men wouldn't appreciate their socks smelling of lavender but I think it would really fit with our wedding. I will be either stamping the bags or including a little tag (depending on how creative I feel) with a 'thank you' and possibly our wedding date and initials. 

Thoughts on this idea? 
    Be aware that there are people out there with a severe lavender allergy. 

I'd really rethink this idea. 
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Also be aware that depending on where you place the favors, nearby foods can absorb that scent, which will obviously alter the taste. Although I have no specific allergy to lavender, I gag at the scent of many soap and floral scents.
  • Meh.  Are lavender sachets horrible?  No, but I'm certainly not thinking "That's totally awesome and I can't wait to use one."  Also, especially since many workplaces have fragrance policies these days, there's a good chance I wouldn't actually put it in my clothing drawer (my part-time volunteer gig has a strict no fragrance policy).  It'll sit in my glovebox because I'll toss it there driving back from the wedding and 6 months from now when I clean out my car I'll toss it. 

But it also sounds like you care more about your cutesy theme than your guests.  You favor is a thank you to them (as evidenced by your printing "Thank you" on the bags), but then you admit in the same post that perhaps the men wouldn't really appreciate it.  Why would you pick something that 50% of the population would likely be meh about?
  • I would not take it home.  I have a very keen sense of smell, and many scents can easily give me a headache.   We have a mostly fragrance free home.  I hope your whole reception doesn't smell like lavender!  I wouldn't be staying long if that's the case. 
  • No, thanks!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I'm very meh about satchets.

Anniversary
  • I love that scent, but not everyone will.  And in a room with a ton of them around, I'd be concerned about it smelling overpowering.  Some people get headaches from strong, perfume-y scents.  I'd think of something else.
  • It just kind of seems like a waste. I mean, if you like it and really don't care about the cost then if it makes you happy go for it. But it's not something that I'd spend my money on because I really just want to buy things that are useful/wanted by the majority of the people attending my wedding. But I could see there being something that I PERSONALLY love and just don't mind spending money on something that will likely only make me happy (and that no one else will really care about).
  • I don't like the lavender scent , so I probably wouldn't use it. 
  • Maybe look a little old fashion. Not everyones taste x sorry
  • I go against the grain here and actually love this idea. I have a sachet in almost every drawer and several in each closet in my home, I also have one in my purse at all times. As for men, FI claims to not care but magically somehow the hangers with the sachets on them seem to migrate out of my closet and into his :)
  • I have some in my closet and love it, but I think the smell might be overpowering for a favor. I'm certain you're not doing it this way, but I can't help imagining a pile of lavender baggies on the table in front of me at the reception and drowning in their smell as I eat. If you want to incorporate lavender elsewhere aside from your florals, maybe consider having guests throw it during the your and your groom's exit (if the venue allows this). Again, this might be too fragrant for certain guests - it's such a sweet smell, but sometimes it can be too much.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards