DC

Where are the Bridal shops in the DMV?

tonyarenaytonyarenay member
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
I am having the hardest time searching for a wedding dress in the DMV in my price range. Any suggestions??? Price range NTE $500. Am I being too frugal????

Re: Where are the Bridal shops in the DMV?

• kla728kla728 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited June 2014
    My budget was $1,000 and I ended up getting my dress out in Frederick at TLC Boutique.  Absolutely loved them and would highly recommend the shop and their team, but am not sure they have a lot of options below $1,000.  If you called and asked I am sure they would be up front with you about if they could show you some options or not. 

I also went to a Brides Against Breast Cancer event in DuPont that did have some nice dresses at a wide variety of price points, just not what I was looking for (really wanted lace).  The only other place I looked was David's Bridal in Rockville -- not so great customer service, but they did have a good variety of dresses under $1,000 and may be your best bet.

I didn't go here myself, but I also heard amazing things about this shop if you are interested in second hand: http://www.yelp.com/biz/st-anthony-s-bridal-rockville.  A co-worker and a co-worker's sister both got their dresses at that shop.

Good luck!

ETA: Brides Against Breast Cancer does second hand dress sales... info here: http://www.bridesagainstbreastcancer.org/
  • Yeah for your price range I can imagine how difficult of a time you are having.  I've been to several shops and the lowest price tag I remember seeing is $750.  However, I would call to find out if there are any samples they are selling in your price range.  You may get lucky that way.

I am going to second David's and St Anthony's.  I think you will find something beautiful there in your price range at either shop.

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• Definitely look for Sample Sales.
  • Try Group USA at Potomac Mills in Woodbridge, VA
  • David's Bridal. Or sample sales. Or consignment. For $500 you'll have a tough time.

• Also consider "prom/occasion" dresses from department stores like Macy's/Nordstrom/etc. They often come in white and are cheaper.
  • Try Lefty's in Upper Marlboro, MD. They have wedding gowns as well as prom/special occasion dresses. If you tell them your budget they can also work with you.

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• MegIAmMegIAm member
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2014
    David's Bridal will definitely have something in your price range. Some stores have off-the-rack options that might have something in your price point. I went to Simply Modern Bridal in Fredericksburg, but I didn't find much less than $900. However, they let me purchase the floor model and received an additional discount. Amys Bridal in Occoquan, Group USA, Labella Bridal in Occoquan or even online at tradesy.com. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards