Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

1 Photographer or 2

I am going back and forth between hiring photographers. There is one that recently did a wedding I was invited to and her photos came out beautifully. My only concern is she covers the entire day by her self. There is another photographer that I am looking at and they provide two photographers for the day to capture all of the moments. 

Does anyone have any input in regards to a solo photographer versus having more than one?

Thanks for your input :-)

Re: 1 Photographer or 2

• Options
    I only planned to have one photographer, but decided to hire a second shooter to do mostly guest shots and another view of the ceremony.  I'm glad I did, because my photographer's camera jammed during "the kiss".  If I didn't have a second shooter, I wouldn't have had a photo of that.
  • Options
    I think it is important to have a second shooter during the ceremony or the beginning/ key points of the reception. It's nice to have two while you are getting ready, if you want those shots, so one can be with each of you. The backup and second angle was very important to me. Personally, I would not have consider my photog if they hadn't had a second shooter option. I just like the reassurance that comes with a second shooter :) GL!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    Thanks ladies, my gut was telling me to go with two so I am glad you confirmed my thoughts :)
  • Options
    We had one photographer and had no regrets. I'm not really in to the "getting ready" photos (I knew they'd never go into our album or be framed), so it wasn't important to us to have a photographer for each group. In the end, both guys and girls were just down the hall from in each, so the photographer was able to go back and forth easily. We also did a first look, so the photographer was able to capture the expressions on both our faces at that moment. So while we don't have the alternate vantage point at the ceremony, we have that great shot of the true first look during that pre-ceremony time. We have no regrets having one photographer.
  • Options
    We aren't getting married until April 2015 but we will only have 1 photographer. He has his timeline set up specifically for travel to go from the guys getting ready and doing their photos, then travels to meet up with the girls wherever we decide to go. Then we all will meet up at our venue.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards