April 2015 Weddings
Options

Bar

What are you all doing about drinks? Open Bar? Cash Bar? I am planning on buying all the alcohol that will be served. Does anyone know where you can buy it in bulk for a good price?

Re: Bar

• Options
    Your local board will probably have a better idea of locations. There's a liquor store around us that has great deals on bulk alcohol, so there might be something similar around you. 
    We're going to do some form of open bar - might just be wine and beer, or it might be full, we haven't quite figured it out yet. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am for sure doing a cash bar. I haven't decided if I want to do beer/wine or a full bar. We are getting married in Vegas so I know there are a few places nearby that sell alcohol in bulk that I would use. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're doing a limited bar and serving beer and wine (unless we come into a financial windfall, in which case I want to open the bar).
  • Options
    Full open bar. People spend so much money and take time off to spend your big day with you. It's the right thing to do.
  • Options
    We are doing open bar with beer and wine, no questions. Around here it's very infrequent you find a cash bar.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're also doing a full open bar; which is part of the reason FI really liked our venue!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

What are you all doing about drinks? Open Bar? Cash Bar? I am planning on buying all the alcohol that will be served. Does anyone know where you can buy it in bulk for a good price?

If you have a trader joes around you I hear but don't quote me that if you get alcohol through them, whatever you don't use/open you can return to them and get money back. But don't quote me. Also places like meijer for wine offer percentages off so many bottles and or cases I believe. Also I know wineries around us, if you go through them buying bottles you get a discount of so much off depending how much you buy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks! I am currently planning on having a Stock The Bar party. If you haven't heard of it you have a party a month or so before the wedding .All your guest bring over either a bottle of wine or some other type of bottle of alcohol or beer. All the alcohol we receive that night we will use for our bar. My FI and I have family and friends that really like to drink so it isn't realistic for us to buy it all.
  • Options
    We're doing a full open bar. We both come from big drinking families, so an open bar was important to us.
  • Options
    Just beer / soda for us. Venue does not have a stocked bar so we are just doing beer
  • Options
    I'm having an open bar. I didn't want my guests to have to pay
  • Options
    Our venue has a monstrous food and drink minimum and we're having a small wedding so we had to have an open bar just to come close to the min! Although that being said, we'd have sprung for the open bar anyways.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards