Flowers

HELP - who gets corsages & boutonnieres

Hi Wedding planners,
A million back and forths with corsages and boutonnieres. We're having a small (55 person) wedding. My mom wants my brother to have a corsage as he is an usher, but so is my fiances brother in law. His sister is also our day of planner and we want her to have a little something so we think she should have a corsage. Our parents are getting boutonnieres/corsages as is our best man and MOH. I feel like it's a lot of flowers! Especially for pictures. Thoughts??

Re: HELP - who gets corsages & boutonnieres

• MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    With a small wedding, it does seem to become overwhelming.  However, typically, anyone that is considered a member of the wedding party is honored with a flower.  In our family, that would include ushers and readers.  Some couples will also provide flowers for grandparents. 

I agree with your mom that ushers should have a boutonniere.
  • Thanks MobKaz! I am meeting with my flower planner today. I'll see what she says too. I just feel that 12 out of 55 people will have flowers. Will it look weird in photos if everyone has a flower?
  • Not everyone who gets a flower will be in all the pictures. You may do one or two everyone photos but typically you do your family, his family, & then bridal party seperate. We got flowers for our bridal party, parents, god parents (MIL request). Neither of us have any surviving grandparents, else we would have gotten them flowers too. We didn't have any readers and our ushers were last minute so nothing for them also made it easier (I had my nephews who are in their 20's as my ushers, it would have been hard to tell their sister you can't have a flower & then having to explain to my other sister's kids why their cousins all have flowers and they don't).

• We had 35 guests at our wedding. Here is a list of the people that had flowers:

Bride
    Groom
    MOH
    3 Bridesmaids
    1 Best Man
    1 Ring bearer 
    FOG
    FOB
    MOG
    MOB 
    Grandma
    Sister of the groom

So 14 of our 35 guests had flowers. No it did not look weird and like another pp said, all of those people aren't going to be in every single picture.
  • The men who had bouts at our wedding were: H, the GMs, our dads, our readers, our ushers, two dear family friends who offered and executed help with a few things.

The women who had corsages were: our moms, his grandma, a couple of dear family friends who offered and executed help with a few things.

I don't have any living grandparents or they would have had flowers. H's only living grandpa could not come or he would have had a bout also.
    *********************************************************************************

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

We are giving bouts and corsages to the following people (outside of bridesmaids and groomsmen)

Our grandparents

My great aunt and uncle

Our parents

Ushers

Ringbearer

Flowergirl

• Thanks everyone :) We've decided to go with the original big group as everyone has "duties" we can always get the ladies to take their flowers off for photos.
  • hmaxted said:
    Thanks everyone :) We've decided to go with the original big group as everyone has "duties" we can always get the ladies to take their flowers off for photos.
    Why would you have them take off corsages and bouts for photos? Even BM bouquets (which are generally much bulkier) don't get in the way. 

Just keep it simple and let people keep these on when you take photos. It'd be weird to ask them to remove, plus it'll take more time and just be more complicated overall.
    *********************************************************************************

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards