December 2014 Weddings

color scheme

Hi everyone! We are officially getting married THIS year! My date is the 12/12.  I'm having some trouble figuring out what color scheme to use.  At first I thought like a gunmetal grey color with deep red flowers, then I thought of a midnight blue, and now I'm thinking maybe a deep deep red- but I can't decided.  I want something that is going to look beautiful in December but not Christmas colors like red and green.  Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas??!!

Re: color scheme

• Hi everyone! We are officially getting married THIS year! My date is the 12/12.  I'm having some trouble figuring out what color scheme to use.  At first I thought like a gunmetal grey color with deep red flowers, then I thought of a midnight blue, and now I'm thinking maybe a deep deep red- but I can't decided.  I want something that is going to look beautiful in December but not Christmas colors like red and green.  Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas??!!
    Woot we're date twins!!! Our colors are black and red with accents of crystals or silver. For example, my BMs are wearing black and carrying red rose bouquets. Hope that helps!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • We are doing black, gold and silver.  Not like bright silver and gold, more of a muted color.  and sparkles, LOTS of sparkles! :) 
  • I'm another one that's struggling to decide on a colour scheme. Originally it was hunter green, yellow-y amber and burnt orange, then it changed to hunter green, mint green, ice blue and silver, but I'm thinking of going back to the original three. What do you guys think? The original scheme wasn't very wintery, but I prefer the colours, plus they go with my tattoos (which will be on show)!
  • I know this is a zombie thread but:

I am doing blush pink, navy, and cream. For example, the bridemaids are wearing floor lenght ciffon gowns that are blush, the groomsmen in navy suits, all of the flowers will be pink and cream and we're utilizing my dad's bllue mason jar collection for centerieces.

• @eg72 sounds really pretty. We are going classic christmas. Cranberry colored dresses for the BM, Christmas greenery and gold mercury glass.
  • Navy colors for us...Navy blue, gold/yellow, and white

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @eg72 sounds really pretty. We are going classic christmas. Cranberry colored dresses for the BM, Christmas greenery and gold mercury glass.
    @sweetwisconsin I wanted to stay away from Christmas colors mainly because I don't like red, haha. We are using a lot of greenery in our flowers and cenerpieces.

• @emmaaa I think the only red will be the BM dresses. I don't like an overwhelming amount of red either. Possibly just some holly berry accents in the bouquets.

You will have to share your photos when you get married this winter! A lot of people think I am nuts having a winter wedding in Wisconsin. I hope there isn't a blizzard.

• emmaaaemmaaa mod
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited May 2014
    @sweetwisconsin That sounds like what my MOH/BFF will do for her wedding. I'm a ginger so I rarely wear red. I told her I would for her though lol.

We'll definitely share pictures. I love winter weddings! I'm in NC so we either risk snow (and us Southerners can't drive even at the prediction of snow) or a 65 degree day. Haha!

ETA: missing letters

• @emmaaa Oh then that makes sense. I think red hair is beautiful! I sometimes feel the same way having blond hair. I rarely wear yellow even though I like the color.

I am definitely hoping for snow on the ground the day of. I just hope it is not snowing.

• I love everyone's color choices!  I think whatever colors you like will work, no matter what season you get married in!  We are going with purples (light and dark) grey, white, silver & lots of sparkles and glitter.  :)  
  • RachRach1231RachRach1231 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2014
    I'm a 12/27 Wisconsin bride! I am hoping for snow and beautiful pictures :) My colors are Navy, Silver & a pop of lime green!
    Countdown to the Gown... 12/27/14!!
  • Hey ladies! I wish this board was a little more active. We are getting married 12/6/14 here in RI and our colors are going to be gold silver black and a touch of blush pink. LOTS of sparkles :)
  • I'm a NYE bride and we're doing neutrals with the bridesmaids wearing black--hoping it'll all come together!!
  • I'm December 1st and our colors are Blush and Grey with an outdoor wedding in DC. Oh boy... Fingers crossed for wonderful weather and a bit of leaves still left on the trees. Though if it is typical winter grey with bare branches on the trees as our backdrop the hint of blush color should look wonderfully vintage with our rosy cheeks!
  • I am getting married December 28th, and our colours are purples, silver and green. We live in Canada, so there will definitely be snow on the ground, and I wanted rich jewel-tone colours.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards