October 2014 Weddings

We got our license!

I've never been so excited to go to a government office at 8:00am!

Re: We got our license!

• Awesome!! Another check off the list!! I didn't realize you could get it so early.  I need to check into it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

~Melissa
  • YAY! Congrats!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• kebebbkebebb member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Maybe I should listen to my fiance when he says it's totally okay to go get it now :)
    Congrats!
  • I think in most areas its 90 days (thats what it is where I live, but I haven't had a chance to go get it yet)
  • We got ours in the beginning of May! Since we are getting married out of town, we got our license when we were up visiting for Food Tasting/Floral Appointment/Dress Fitting, etc. The license is good for 6 months, so when we get married Oct 18, we will have a month to spare! 
  • Wow! I wish my state/county was like that!  Ours will only be good for 60 days.  It will just be one more thing I have to do while getting back in the swing of things at school.  Oi.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

~Melissa
  • California is 90 days, and even then I thought it was too short of a time span!
  • Yay!!! New York is 60 days and have it all marked in my calendar. Only issue is that I need to get off of work in order to go. Lets hope someone can cover part of my shift for me! 
  • ours are only good in ohio for 60 days. iI am in ohio. but iI am not going till like sept. no need to have it sit around forever. iI dont want to lose it. 
  • kebebbkebebb member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    I have no idea how long they're good for in IA. I figure if we go in September sometime we should be good.
  • Iowa is 6 months - we're planning on going to get ours any day now.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ours is only 65 days so we'll be waiting until September!

• I am so jealous of you all! Colorado is only 35 days!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • 6 more weeks until I can get ours :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have FL marked at 60 days out - but I need to look into how to get it through the mail since I'm out of state.

Anniversary
  • I have FL marked at 60 days out - but I need to look into how to get it through the mail since I'm out of state.
    You can do that?!

In Cali you have to pick it up in person (both people have to be there too...well, I think they have different rules if someone is in the military, but that's another issue), and I thought that you had to (well, your officiant had to) return it to the same county that you got the license from...BUT when we got our license they gave us an envelope that we can use to mail the completed license back to the county, so now I'm all confused with that rule.
  • If you're out of state, you can still do it but you have to take it to be notarized as you sign it, and have witnesses present.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We haven't gotten ours yet, were in SoCal, but we figured we'd give the pastor some wiggle room on turning it in, just in case there's a problem. And the county will give you the envelope and everything when you pick it up, but it's customary for the pastor to mail it in, because you may not sign at the same time as your witnesses, and typically people go on a honeymoon right after and don't have time to get to a mail box. Of course, you could always opt to mail it in yourself, pastors/churches have misplaces or forgotten to send in licenses in before.
  • bekt14bekt14 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    How early should you get it? I was planning to wait until September.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • I think so long as you get it before the ceremony, it doesn't matter how early you get it @mrstowery. We were just in the area and it was within the allotted timeframe so we opted to get it then.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards