Gay Weddings

Bachelorette Party Supplies

So I'm engaged to my lovely fiance who happens to be a woman. Our planning process is stressful enough with family issues and non-gay friendly vendors. Now my sister calls and says that she is searching for supplies for the bachelorette party for me (she likes to do things way in advance, plus she might be a little excited) and all she can find is penises. Now, I know we live in a traditional country where it used to be beleived that marriage was between man and woman, but now women can marry women and still want the party! If there is any form of penis at my party I will be upset, not because I'm just that gay, but because there aren't options for my sexual orientation. I told my sister to just look into buying bachelor party supplies but that just doesn't seem very fair to me. Anybody have any solutions?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bachelorette Party Supplies

• I found tons of amazing same sex decor on Etsy. I live in a state where its not legal yet but most of the vendors have been supportive and awesome especially our venue. We are going to legally marry in California but have our reception and ceremony in our home town. I saw tons of cute things though on Etsy that I plan on using :) Hope this helps! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Maybe suggest to your sister just not to include sex related products?   You can have a ton of cute "Bride!" stuff, or a tiara, or a pink boa, and glitter, and fun stuff.   You don't have to have a penis or a vagina or breasts to make it a bachelorette party.

• Yeah I agree with QueerFemme! Just make yourself really cute and tons of girly things :) That is fun as well!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I concur with all the above posters.  We got super cute stuff on etsy (rainbow veils, Mrs & Mrs stuff, "we're with the brides" buttons for all our friends...) and got non-specific stuff like sparkly beads and bachelorette sashes at a party supply store.  I always thought the over-the-top penis stuff was way weird even if you are marrying a dude...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks everyone. I don't wanna go overboard with vaginas. But I just didn't want penis. i know my sister's and they are gonna be jerks and buy genetila. I don't mind it. I'm not into the tiaras or pink. But I don't necessarily need vaginas on my forehead either. I guess I need to find a happy medium. Lol. I appreciate the comments.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think there are many feminine things that could work that aren't excessively girly, but are chic and fun, like pumpkin mentioned.  Just have your sister know that you don't want an overwhelming amount of genitalia things. 
  • Brad54 said:
    I think there are many feminine things that could work that aren't excessively girly, but are chic and fun, like pumpkin mentioned.  Just have your sister know that you don't want an overwhelming amount of genitalia things. 
    I actually just talked to my sister and she asked if I even wanted vagina. So she's considering my wants! I'm appreciative. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards