Attire & Accessories Forum

Dress shopping!

Hi! I am currently having a dilemma with shopping for my wedding dress. I do not have a mother so I was hoping to go with just my sister. I have a friend that insists on being there when I go dress shopping. We have very different tastes, she is often negative, and she and my sister do not get along. I would like to have this moment with my sister and not have to deal with drama between them. I am stuck in the middle and it's no fun. What do I do?! Thanks!

Re: Dress shopping!

• jasonmeli said:
    Hi! I am currently having a dilemma with shopping for my wedding dress. I do not have a mother so I was hoping to go with just my sister. I have a friend that insists on being there when I go dress shopping. We have very different tastes, she is often negative, and she and my sister do not get along. I would like to have this moment with my sister and not have to deal with drama between them. I am stuck in the middle and it's no fun. What do I do?! Thanks!
    Holy crap, what a crappy friend! She feels entitled to watch you pick a wedding dress? Who does that?!

Anyway, just absolutely do not tell her when you're making appointments and go with just your sister. You can show her pictures later if you want. 

If she gets pushy about when you're going, just say something like, "Oh I haven't made too many appointments yet because my schedule is crazy busy. But anyway, did you hear about this new guy Sally is dating?" Deflect her question and change the subject.

And honestly, if she has the nerve to be upset that you didn't ask her to tag along, I'd be reconsidering the friendship. 
  • jasonmeli said:
    Here is what you do..."Friend, I know you really want to come when I go shopping for my wedding dress but I really want this time with just my sister." If she bitches then that is on her.

• ...Or Junior Mints!!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• ...Or Junior Mints!!!
    Careful with those suckers!

Anniversary

• Close friends can get very sentimental about dress shopping. I made the mistake of going for the first time on a whim at lunch. Little did I know I would find The Dress. I was so excited, so I wrote and called them. Boy, were they mad. We went again for the after dress and they were awful. Too opinionated and truthful without the steady advice I got from the coworker I went with first. Since then, I've done most of my shopping alone. It's a bit lonely, but if know that my feelings about a dress or shoes are my own and not heavily influenced.
    Happiness is an inside job
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards