Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Skin Routine Before Big Day

I have very sensitive skin and was wondering if anyone had any routine they were doing to make their skin look amazing before the wedding.  I am planning on seeing my dermotologist in a few month but wanted to see if there was a way to start prepping my skin.

Re: Skin Routine Before Big Day

• Options
    Don't over-wash your face as it can get red and irritated. Not sure about the rest because I don't know what type of skin you have, but in the months/weeks/days leading up to your wedding, drink plenty of water and eat foods with healthy fats such as avocados and sweet potatoes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would get a facial about 2-3 weeks before you wedding day.  Your skin actually improves after a facial.  At first your skin will become inflamed and possibly break out because it is releasing all of the dirt and oil that was trapped under your skin.  I get facials about every 2-3 months and it works like a charm and your skin looks good for weeks.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't do anything extra before the big day, but here is my normal face routine:

Once a week:
    A deep cleaning cucumber peel off mask followed by an anti-aging almond mask (I get them from Walgreens for like $1.50 each)

Every morning:
    Anti-aging CC cream around my eyes (Olay Total Effects non scented for sensitive skin)
    Anti-aging moisturizer on my face and neck (Olay Total Effects non scented for sensitive skin)

Every evening:
    Anti-aging CC cream around my eyes (Olay Total Effects non scented for sensitive skin)
    Anti-aging serum on my face and neck (Olay Total Effects non scented for sensitive skin)

Face washing:
    I wash my face with an all natural sugar scrub called simple sugars. It's made with all natural ingredients and it's gentle enough to use every day. I only wash my face once a day.
  • Options
    Biore pore strips once a month if necessary on the nose
    100% pure face mask/wash. It's mashed peas baby food green and smells like mint. No salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide (my skin doesn't like those ingredients), just plants and extracts. Rose water toner and neutrogena alcohol free toner. You'll look like a billion bucks.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards