Chit Chat

**KNOT CANCER FUNDRAISER!!** Come here for your T-shirts!

SBminiSBmini member
5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
edited August 2014 in Chit Chat
**Update 8/22** The drive is over! Thank you so much to everyone who supported the cause. In total, 11 shirts were sold and $200 was raised for the Cancer Research Institute! The shirts will ship out in two weeks. **/Update** 

Many thanks to @Beethery for designing the logo and to all of you for your wonderful input! The results are in and the Booster has been created. Every penny of profits from the sale of these shirts will go to the Cancer Research Institute which works to harness the body's own immune system to fight/cure all cancer. All you pay for is the creation and shipping of your shirt. We're looking at a donation of about $700 for 50 shirts, or $350 for 25 shirts. 

These shirts will be fantastic to wear to your own local cancer walks/runs/events as you continue to support the cause for many of our great members who are currently fighting cancer, have survived cancer, or who have family members battling the disease. 

You can buy your shirt here: https://www.booster.com/knotcancer

Re: **KNOT CANCER FUNDRAISER!!** Come here for your T-shirts!

• slothiegalslothiegal member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2014
    Rock stars.  All of you.  <3

ETA:  Got mine ordered, woo!
    Anniversary

• This is awesome!  Just ordered my shirt.  Can't wait for it to get here!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Love them! I'm gonna order mine on Friday in Baby Blue!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Are they just pink/blue?
    I was hoping for black, but I ordered the light blue.  Apparently the SurveyMonkey has revealed we are a girly, girly bunch of girls!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• I'll get mine on Saturday (:
  • I'm going to order mine later this week!
  • Are they just pink/blue?
    I was hoping for black, but I ordered the light blue.  Apparently the SurveyMonkey has revealed we are a girly, girly bunch of girls!
    I voted for black too but it's all good with blue!

• KaurisKauris member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    I would have gladly donated without a purchase shirt option, but there wasn't one, so pink it is! :)
  • Shit. I forgot to send over a white version for printing on darker shirts. @SBmini‌ is that still an option or are these locked down?
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• SBminiSBmini member
    beethery said:
    Shit. I forgot to send over a white version for printing on darker shirts. @SBmini‌ is that still an option or are these locked down?
    This round the top picks for colors were blue and pink, I thought the dark color looked fine on the pink so I didn't bug you for the white version. We can do a second drive with dark color options too. Black ended up coming in third place, really close behind pink.
  • Ok good to know. I'll send the white version over to you soon enough so that you have them for the next run
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Ordered.

Anniversary
  • Looks like I will have to order the blue now and black on the next run.
  • I want so much to be part of this, but I can't afford it at the moment. Maybe by the next run I'll have a steady income again.

Thanks for supporting the cause, everyone! <3
    imageDaisypath Friendship tickers
  • I love mugs.  I don't need a blue shirt AND a black shirt, but I have a thing for mugs.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• White versions are attaching to email now @SBmini
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• As soon as my CC and I are in the same location in front of a computer, I'm ordering one! Thanks for putting this together!!
  • SBminiSBmini member
    Got the white version! For some reason, the artwork isn't showing up on the shirt, but I confirmed it is there. Trouble shooting with Booster- fundraiser code black will be up soon.

• beetherybeethery member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2014
    SBmini said:
    Got the white version! For some reason, the artwork isn't showing up on the shirt, but I confirmed it is there. Trouble shooting with Booster- fundraiser code black will be up soon.

They're on a transparent background but now I'm wondering if it automatically added a white background where it shouldn't have. Lemme check and I'll get right back with you.

ETA: I opened them in Photoshop and it showed up as a white graphic on a transparent background, so they should be all set. 
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Aray82Aray82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    These are great--thanks for organizing this! I'm actually waiting to get a pet scan that will tell me if I need more chemo (better not!) but will order mine when I get home :)
  • Aray82 said:

These are great--thanks for organizing this! I'm actually waiting to get a pet scan that will tell me if I need more chemo (better not!) but will order mine when I get home :)

Good luck!!!

• Aray82 said:
    Good luck!  Hope it all works out !
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I am planning on getting home tomorrow and will order my shirt after I get settled back in (I can't have my wallet, rings, etc here at the hospital.) However, I did notice in the FAQs that there is a minimum order of 20 for the booster. Is that true in our case?

• SBminiSBmini member
    I am planning on getting home tomorrow and will order my shirt after I get settled back in (I can't have my wallet, rings, etc here at the hospital.) However, I did notice in the FAQs that there is a minimum order of 20 for the booster. Is that true in our case?
    Yay so happy you are heading home!!

When I started the booster it said minimum of 6 shirts... now it says 20. I'll ask what's up with that. 

• Had a packed weekend, but I finally ordered mine! Can't wait to get it :)
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Thanks for looking into that @SBmini‌! It just caught myy eye when I was perusing!

• This is going to be up for a couple more weeks right? I broke my phone and had to buy a new one so I'm going to get my shirt with my next pay check.
  • And I seem to have lost my wallet (it's only in limited number of places, most of which are in the house), so I need a little time, too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards