Moms and Maids
Options

Destination wedding

edited July 2014 in Moms and Maids
My friend asked me to be her MOH, but her wedding is a destination wedding in Mexico. I just don't think I can afford it with college. What should I do?

Amanda 

Re: Destination wedding

• Options
    If you can't swing it financially, let her know. It's not a reflection on you or her - just on money.
  • Options
    You should tell your friend that you are honored that she asked you, but you can't afford to attend her wedding. This is the trade off for brides and grooms when they choose to have a destination wedding. 

• Options
    lc07lc07 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    My friend asked me to be her MOH, but her wedding is a destination wedding in Mexico. I just don't think I can afford it with college. What should I do?

Amanda 
    I agree with the PPs. I live in California and one of my best friends was getting married in Europe. I was going through a really difficult time financially. She asked me to be a bridesmaid and I declined, asking if I could be invited as a guest in case my financial situation changed closer to the wedding date. As it turns out, I was able to go, and she asked me back into being a bridesmaid.

But it is totally ok, OP, that you cannot afford this trip. You can always do something with your friend to celebrate at home if you'd like to show her a little extra love.
  • Options
    Just be honest with her "I'd love to, but I can't afford to go. I wish you all the best and would love to celebrate with you when you get back."

Also, OP, please change your screen name to something not your actual name - webnetz privacy and all....
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Be honest and sincere: tell her you are honored that she wants you as her MOH but that you simply do not have the finances to make the trip to Mexico. As someone having a destination wedding, I can attest to the fact that we know not everyone can afford to attend a destination wedding and that is a risk we take by making that choice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards