Chit Chat

Bridesmaid Vent.... Be ready

2»

Re: Bridesmaid Vent.... Be ready

• Exactly! As long as you're being a good host, it can be your day. It being the bride's day doesn't mean she can force her guests to wait through a 5 hour unhosted gap with no chair just because it's convienent for her.
  • My biggest problem is that it sounds like she's making the decsion that everyone is waiting until March. If she needs to/wants to wait whatever that's her deal. But she can't make that call for all the other girls. Maybe for some of them they'd rather spend the money now when they have then later when they might not have it. Maybe they know it's going to take forever and a day to find something they all like. Maybe they just really love shopping. But it's not up to one person to dictate that no one else can shop because she doesn't want to yet. 

I am going to suggest @loveislouder that with so many different body types, you drop the idea of everyone in identical dresses. My friend did identical dresses with 6 of us girls with 6 incredibly different body types. It. Was. Hell. In the end our dresses ended up looking sort of okay of most of us. Rather then each of us in a different (but similar) dress that looked fantastic. It's just really hard to dress a bunch of people with very different bodies in the same dress and have it look good. 
  • I was VERY okay with handing a swatch and saying have at 'er, but the girls all want to wear the same dresses.  I was even okay with them all having different coloured dresses in a colour spectrum we're going with, but my girls are very opinionated lol
  • I was VERY okay with handing a swatch and saying have at 'er, but the girls all want to wear the same dresses.  I was even okay with them all having different coloured dresses in a colour spectrum we're going with, but my girls are very opinionated lol
    Well in that case, I suggest margaritas post-shopping trip. Lord knows we needed a few after all was said and done with us!
  • Is this behavior in her normal character? It seems really strange that she would just cop a major attitude with you out of nowhere. I'm sorry you're going through this though, it does seem that she is being pretty bitchy.

Some of the best advice I saw on TK when I was having issues with one of my bridesmaids was to go out and have dinner/drinks/coffee with her just one on one, not bringing up the wedding at all. Just to reconnect as friends and see what's up in her life. Maybe if you guys can have some good girl time, she might talk to you about whatever is going on/her insecurity with your wedding/etc.
    imageimage">
  • kasmith1 said:
    Maybe that's where we went right with BM dress shopping, we started with mimosas.
    I think that's an excellent start to just about anything. 

• I agree, she should spend her money however she wants. But I didn't appreciate how she was talking to me, nor her "f*uck you have a nice life" when I told her things weren't going to go her way.
    Excuse me???! Do you really need her to be in your WP? You are not a doormat darling, put your foot down!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm pretty sure she's decided herself that she's not going to be a part of it anymore. I'll keep you posted if she sends me anything else lol
  • Is this behavior in her normal character? It seems really strange that she would just cop a major attitude with you out of nowhere. I'm sorry you're going through this though, it does seem that she is being pretty bitchy.

Some of the best advice I saw on TK when I was having issues with one of my bridesmaids was to go out and have dinner/drinks/coffee with her just one on one, not bringing up the wedding at all. Just to reconnect as friends and see what's up in her life. Maybe if you guys can have some good girl time, she might talk to you about whatever is going on/her insecurity with your wedding/etc.

SITB*

I wanted to quote this because this is such a good idea...sometimes people don't realize that the only thing they talk about when planning this kind of stuff is the wedding...it's easy to not realize it because it can sometimes consume your life, there isn't much outside of it. Also, I love your gif @mschristie123

that aside...your friend is psycho. I agree with prev posts if the time gets closer and she hasn't gotten a dress give her a date and after that tell her she is welcome as a guest.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards