Chit Chat
Options

Apropo wanting kids...

BlergbotBlergbot member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
edited July 2014 in Chit Chat
So I was going to respond in the other thread about how I want a kid, but FI is on the fence, leaning toward no. It was something I was willing to live with, as being with FI was more important to me than having a hypothetical little person. We both agreed awhile ago that we would address it down the line and FI even agreed that he would go to couples counseling (not to be pressured into being a dad, but to make sure we communicated and were both looking at the other's side). It's something I've been thinking about a lot since this morning, when I randomly threw up. I haven't been feeling well for about a week and a half, so I had scheduled a visit to the doctor (I hadn't been feeling at all pukey, though, so I was taken aback by the vomit). Anyway, just in case, I had her run a pregnancy test. I'm totally preggers guys. I did miss a pill about two weeks ago, but I was out of town and didn't see FI again until a week ago, so I didn't think anything of it. FI took it well, and it turns out he had decided that, if I absolutely had to have a kid, that we could do it, but this definitely isn't the way he wanted it to go down. I'm kinda freaked out, but also kinda happy. It hasn't quite sunk in yet (does it ever?). It's very early, so obviously we're only telling a few people, but I thought it was interesting how my initial thoughts on the other thread became pretty much moot. Weirdness.

Re: Apropo wanting kids...

• Options
    Sorry, TK ate my paragraphs :/
  • Options
    lc07lc07 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    AHHHH CONGRATS!!!! It sounds like you are both handling this extremely well. ***HUGS*** (and drinking wine in celebration of your new one for you)
  • Options
    Blergbot said:
    So I was going to respond in the other thread about how I want a kid, but FI is on the fence, leaning toward no. It was something I was willing to live with, as being with FI was more important to me than having a hypothetical little person. We both agreed awhile ago that we would address it down the line and FI even agreed that he would go to couples counseling (not to be pressured into being a dad, but to make sure we communicated and were both looking at the other's side). It's something I've been thinking about a lot since this morning, when I randomly threw up. I haven't been feeling well for about a week and a half, so I had scheduled a visit to the doctor (I hadn't been feeling at all pukey, though, so I was taken aback by the vomit). Anyway, just in case, I had her run a pregnancy test. I'm totally preggers guys. I did miss a pill about two weeks ago, but I was out of town and didn't see FI again until a week ago, so I didn't think anything of it. FI took it well, and it turns out he had decided that, if I absolutely had to have a kid, that we could do it, but this definitely isn't the way he wanted it to go down. I'm kinda freaked out, but also kinda happy. It hasn't quite sunk in yet (does it ever?). It's very early, so obviously we're only telling a few people, but I thought it was interesting how my initial thoughts on the other thread became pretty much moot. Weirdness.
    It will when you are in labor or on your way to the OR.  I mean you see the baby on the ultrasound, you hear the heartbeat on the doppler, you feel kicks, rolls, hiccups, etc. but it's still kinda surreal until you experience whatever form of birth you have.  

Congratulations and I wish you an easy pregnancy.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations!! I'm excited for you

• Options
    Congrats! 

Anniversary
  • Options
    lc07lc07 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    My best pukey trick is to put some toilet paper in the toilet before you barf. It helps things not splash back. 

That was gross, I know. But you're welcome. And I hope you don't puke too much.

And YAAAAY again! You guys will roll with this and do wonderfully. You both seem to have great attitudes.
  • Options
    Congrats!!!

• Options
    lc07 said:
    My best pukey trick is to put some toilet paper in the toilet before you barf. It helps things not splash back. 

That was gross, I know. But you're welcome. And I hope you don't puke too much.

And YAAAAY again! You guys will roll with this and do wonderfully. You both seem to have great attitudes.
    THIS IS AMAZING ADVICE. I will keep this in my mind forever. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Congratulations!  I'm sure this is an overwhelming time but it's going to work out.  Here's hoping you have an easy pregnancy and a healthy little one!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    I just wanted to tell you congratulations. My first was so incredibly totally wildly unplanned. It was terrifying and did I mention it was terrifying LOL. But 9 years later 1 extra kid and we mostly have it down. Mostly.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sometimes God takes a hand in your life.  You have just received a gift that will make you fly to heights you never imagined you could achieve.  Your life will be always filled with love.
    Your FI sounds like he's coming around to the idea.  Great!

You are blessed.  The icky feeling will pass.  Enjoy the miracle.  Congratulations!  Much love!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    Congrats! It will sink in eventually. Maybe once the baby is born, maybe sooner but it will be great!
  • Options
    Congratulations! Joy! Joy!
    Happiness is an inside job
  • Options
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    Congratulations!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    FiancBFiancB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Congrats! My favorite non-pukey tricks are 1. nibble on ginger root, 2. pinch your earlobes. It's supposed to be a weird acupressure thing, maybe it's just a distraction, but it more than often does the trick and 3. listen to music on headphones. I don't know what it is about headphones, but you need the headphones. 

I'm sure the two of you are just shocked but you will be okay! At this point I know lots of people with unplanned little ones and they are all so happy it happened. 

*vows to be extra careful with BC anyway*
  • Options
    Slightly different advice on the puking. If you have time to pee first, do it. Just trust me on this.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats on the surprise blessing! God laughs at our plans.

• Options
    So far no pukeyness today. We have renamed our cat "practice baby" and FI is now changing her litter box (yay perks!).
  • Options
    Blergbot said:
    So far no pukeyness today. We have renamed our cat "practice baby" and FI is now changing her litter box (yay perks!).
    That part is awesome.  You may not throw up much. Not everyone does. For me it tends to be more nausea than actual vomiting.  And every pregnancy (in case you are thinking of having more) is different.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations!  ^_^
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Congrats! 

I'm curious how one missed pill caused you to get pregnant though. Did you take it once you realized it? 

• Options
    Congrats! 

I'm curious how one missed pill caused you to get pregnant though. Did you take it once you realized it? 
    BC is only 99% anyway, so it may have had nothing to do with her missed pill.  Surprises can happen no matter how careful you are!   ....Eeeep.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    Congratulations! :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats! 

BC is only 99% anyway, so it may have had nothing to do with her missed pill.  Surprises can happen no matter how careful you are!   ....Eeeep.
    And that's if it's used perfectly. Not everyone uses it perfectly.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats! And yeah, the pill is only 99% effective because of user error. Even missing one pill can let your body stealth ovulate.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Congrats! 

I didn't take it once I realized, because I wasn't going to see FI for a week, and sometimes taking two pills in one day gives me cramps. I don't know, it could be unrelated :/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards