Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Parent Gifts

My parent's are paying for basically the entire wedding. My fiance and I are doing little odds and ends - save-the-date magnets, weddings rings, and the rehearsal dinner. With that said, I will obviously get a gift for my parents to show our appreciation for everything they are doing for us. However, I don't think that we should buy a gift for his parents if they aren't contributing anything to our wedding.

What are your thoughts? Is it ok to not give his parents (dad and step-mother) anything?

Oh, one last thing, we are gifting both sets of parents a professional wedding album (from the photographer) once the photos are in. My question is more specific to a "thank-you" gift at the rehearsal dinner when we give the bridal party their gifts.

Re: Parent Gifts

• Options
    We bought both sets of parents an engraved frame. My parents gave us a fat chunk of change, so we gave them something extra - a piece of framed art. We gifted it to them privately and phrased it as "thank you so much for making this possible"
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    suem31suem31 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    That's a great idea! Thank you, @southernbelle0915‌.
  • Options
    Ven&RadioVen&Radio member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2014
    We gave all of the parents a nice card and a variety box of gourmet chocolates.  My parents paid for a significant portion of the wedding, so we gave them an additional gift (tickets to a show, which fit nicely in their card). 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards