Not Engaged Yet

Life Resume- reverse bucket list!

2»

Re: Life Resume- reverse bucket list!

• - Took a leap outside of my comfort zone and made a ton of new friends off the internet without even getting murdered.
    @hummingbird125 hahahaha people from here or another site?

• I feel like I haven't done too much yet, but there are a few things:

-Traveled to Ireland, Scotland, and England.

-Got my Bachelors in Psychology.

-In about two weeks, I can say I'm a graduate nurse (and that I paid my own way through the whole thing)! (And then probably sometime in September that I'm a registered nurse, whoot whoot!)

-Was in a serious relationship, learned to do the work to make it flourish, and had the courage to end it when I learned it wasn't right for me despite that.

-Sustained some amazing friendships that I'm pretty sure I'll have for life at this point.

-Organized and participated in a Habitat for Humanity trip with a group of friends.

-Bought a car. Like a whole freaking car that wasn't a piece of trash. And thankfully I didn't have to finance it, I was able to buy the whole thing and not have a car payment hanging over my head.

• eilis1228eilis1228 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2014
    I really love reading these. This was such a great idea for a thread! You all are so incredibly accomplished! I'm only 26, so I feel like my list isn't too long yet:

-Graduated high school in the top 10 (I was number 9, so I just barely made it)
    -Graduated from college a semester early with a double major and 3.6 GPA
    -Got a MS
    -Got a job immediately after graduation with awesome benefits
    -Lived independently of my parents since I was 22
    -Traveled quite a bit. I've been to Hawaii, Washington, Maine, NY, Massachusetts, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Missouri, New Hampshire, California, Nevada, Virginia, Maryland, Colorado, New Mexico, Oregon, Illinois, Alberta, Mexico, Curacao, Guatemala, Italy, and Switzerland. FI and I are bound and determined to make it out to Alaska and the UK one day.
    - Found a wonderful man to spend the rest of my life with. We are definitely each other's equals, and I feel so blessed to have him in my life. 
    -Paying for our wedding out of pocket. 
    -Awesome credit score, despite owing shit tons of money in student loans. 
    -Lost 26 pounds a few years ago and have completely changed my attitude towards diet and exercise. Every now and then I indulge (including now... just nommed Sonic for dinner. heh.), but I've developed a much better relationship with food and am in fantastic shape. I surprised myself with my strength this weekend when we moved. I was able to move around heavy boxes and furniture all by myself in the new apartment and was actually able to help FI lift the really heavy stuff. It was amazing!
    -Went skydiving! It was so much fun. I'd love to go again one day.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm 25 and here's my list far.

1. Graduate HS with at least being in the top 30%

2. Graduate with Honors in half of my classes from HS

3. Got accepted in a major University that has low acceptance rates

4. Moved half way across country by my self and moved back again

5. Owed a luxury vechile and paid off in full in less an year.

6. Worked for a Fortune 500 company for 4 years

7. Got promoted 5 times in 18 months

8. Save three kittens from be put down

9. Hiked Smith Rock in Bend,Oregon

10. Hiked under a volcano that was asleep

11. Paid off a credit card

12. Owed my own business for one year
  • -Graduated HS

-Graduated college (I graduated late, but I did it, dammit)

-Had a career where I could use my creative energy (hairstylist)

-Traveled to England twice, Paris and Rome.

-Traveled cross-country

-Been to the Grand Canyon

-Been to Vegas

-Bought a house

-Found someone who would put up with my craziness

-My credit score is awesome

-I have no credit card debt

-Flew an airplane (for like two minutes, but it counts)

-Went on three cruises with two of my favorite bands

-Traveled to Turks & Caicos, Grand Cayman, Jamaica, Mexico

-I have a job that I like

-Rescued three cats

-Got a dog

-Got a huge promotion at my job within five months of working there

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • justbeingme93justbeingme93 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2014
    -I have traveled to Mexico, Germany, Ireland, England, and France. I worked extremely hard to pay for those experience by myself. 

-I have achieved a spot on the Dean's list at my university every semester so far (six total).

-I achieved a 4.0 this past semester. This was a huge accomplishment for me. I struggled a lot in high school, and I had to work quite hard to "catch up" to my peers in college. I had a full credit load this past semester and was taking some of my most difficult classes, but my hard work paid off! 

-My sister allowed me the privilege of being in the room when my nephew was born. (It was beautiful, but it was also the best form of birth control in the world!) 

-I became an ordained minister, and I was able to legally perform a marriage ceremony for a good friend of mine this summer. (I was SUPER nervous, but I am so glad that I pushed myself out of my comfort zone to do it.)

-I walked to the top of the eiffel tower and kissed the blarney stone within one week's time. 

-I jumped off a cliff into a cenote. 

-I zip lined through a forest in Mexico. 

-I went skinny dipping last summer with a few friends in a lake. 

-I have found the man I want  to spend the rest of my life with. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards