Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Any fellow Charles River Museum brides out there?

Hello all!  I'm new to the board--after an extensive (and exhausting) venue search, we've finally booked the Charles River Museum of Innovation and Industry for our wedding in July of next year.  Does anybody have experience with this venue?  What we've seen online has generally been positive but there's not a ton out there.  If anybody else is using or has used the venue, do you have recommendations for caterers or other vendors?  We're a bit nervous about going with a location that's not all-inclusive, but we wanted something with more character than most of the function halls out there, so we'll be doing a lot of the legwork with food/tables/linens/etc. ourselves.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone and sharing tips/support!

Re: Any fellow Charles River Museum brides out there?

• Options
    enbee8enbee8 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Hi! My wedding is booked at CRMII for September 2015 and we're also (nervously) starting the caterer/other vendor search. Any tips so far?
  • Options
    We're going with Capers catering.  We seriously considered Off the Vine as well--both were very similar price and concept wise so we just went for the one that we felt more comfortable with.  Both have great references!  We did talk with someone that had Capers do their wedding at CRMII last year, and they said that Capers was great, but things started really late because the shuttles and guests got lost going there.  Make sure to tell your guests and shuttle drivers not to plug CRMII into Google Maps or their GPS!!!  It will take them to the back of the museum where there is no entrance and you get lost in all of the factory lofts back there.  Instead, have them use the address of the municipal parking lot out front--I think it's 357 Moody Street but I'm not sure.  We'll probably also do a sign to direct people from the lot across the footbridge for the ceremony/reception.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards