Not Engaged Yet

I'm bored...let's talk books!

2»

Re: I'm bored...let's talk books!

• @Pepperally - Aw, that's disappointing but I kind of figured the book is really too dark to make a movie out of.

• @bethsmiles - and to answer your orignal question. I do tend to pick quite a few based on the cover, but it's not always a good way to pick a book! Lesson learned for sure several times! I'm on Goodreads, too, so I tend to see what others are reading. I have one friend who reads lots of memoirs, too, so I like to see what she's read on there. But sometimes I'm just at Barnes & Noble and I have to get something...I don't have it all planned out, I just know I need a new book to read. And that's when I just pick based on covers.
  • @Pepperally - Goodreads is the best! I do like to look at their reviews when considering a new book. Mostly, I only picked based on the cover/title alone if I can get the book for free, like when I enter a giveaway.

• @EisleyJoGo- I just finished reading Elizabeth Smart's My Story. I was either disgusted by what she went through or screaming and angry when she had a chance to escape or be rescued and she let it go. Definitley a quick and interesting read though.

I plan on rereading The Giver, since the movie will be coming out shortly.
  • I definitely recommend Hotel on the corner of bitter and sweet by jamie ford and The truth by micheal palin. They are really awesome fiction novels and are my current favorites at the moment.
  • I finished Michelle Knight's book in two days. At least it wasn't as graphic as it could have been. Assuming that what she wrote is true (which I tend to be skeptical of in some cases), she really got the worst of it. And yet she was the only one to testify against Castro, and she was present when they demolished the house. What an amazing and strong willed woman.

I personally believe the book is her attempt to get her son back. He was a toddler when she got kidnapped, and he has since been adopted. A huge part of me thinks that she has every right to get her son back. The main reason she doesn't have him is because a psycho stole her away from him. On the other hand, the son is with an adopted family now, and it may change his life dramatically if she just pops into it one day. I am glad to see she is doing great things for herself now. I hope the book results in enough money that she can do whatever she wants with the rest of her life and have insane amounts of freedom. . . But without her son, I just don't see her enjoying it as much. And she's not physically unable to have more children thanks to that psychopath. . . Still not quite the happy ending she deserves.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards