Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

How long should it take for photos to be ready after the wedding?

DH and I got married one month ago.  We haven't heard from the photographer yet about reviewing photos for the wedding album we ordered.  How long does it typically take for photos to be ready?  I'm excited to see them.  But I don't want to bug her if this isn't an unusually long period to wait for them.

Re: How long should it take for photos to be ready after the wedding?

• What does your contract say? Most contracts I've seen say 6-8 weeks. Check your contract first, then you could send a polite email thanking them and telling them for excited you are at to see the photos. I wouldn't get pushy until after the time in the contract has passed. If you get them in a month that's pretty quick...I know it's hard to wait, but hang in there ;)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• It's not unusual to wait eight weeks or more. Editing hundreds of wedding photos takes time! Like photokitty said, check your contract.
  • I don't have the contract in front of me, but I don't remember there being anything in it about a time the photos would be ready after the wedding. If 6-8 weeks is the norm, then I'll wait another couple of weeks before contacting the photographer.
  • I went back and looked at your vendor reviews - I think you'll get them very soon. You used a reputable photog, he just is probably a little backed up with the 4th and wedding season. It looks like she typically delivers around the month mark. I'd give it 6 weeks. She looks like a solid find with good pricing. I'll be curious to see what your think of the final product. Be sure to update us on the local board :-)

• My SIL gets a sneak peek out to her clients no later then the Wednesday after the wedding. Then she has the rest of the photos available within 2 weeks of the wedding after she has completed editing them.
  • We haven't had our wedding yet, but our e photos were taken on a Sunday and we got a sneak on Monday to Tuesday both on Facebook and the official online gallery on the photographers website. We then received our USB on Thursday or Friday of that same week of the edited images.

Our wedding will be the same he (photographer) said, except wedding on a Saturday with our sneak a few days later, then we will receive our USB later that week. We also get a photobook and that may take a bit longer but not an extended amount of time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Got the email from the photographer that the photos are ready!  Just spent half an hour looking through the proofs online.  So many great pictures! 
  • edited August 2014
    melbenso said:
    Got the email from the photographer that the photos are ready!  Just spent half an hour looking through the proofs online.  So many great pictures! 
    YEA!!! Glad they were worth the wait :-D

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards