October 2014 Weddings

Dress hasn't arrived yet! Anyone else?

I am starting to freak out a little because I was told that my dress would be in sometime in June, and still no dress. On July 1st, they told me it was on its way from over seas. I feel like I should have it by now. Does everyone else have their dresses already? Am I freaking out for no reason? My date is October 18th...

Re: Dress hasn't arrived yet! Anyone else?

• Maybe I'm just an idiot, but do most bridal dresses come from overseas?  That seems strange.  I bought mine off the rack so not sure what you should expect. 
  • kebebbkebebb member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    No words of advice. I'd be freaking out. Hopefully it comes soon!
  • They told me when I purchased my dress that it wouldn't come in until mid-Sept.  I need to have my dress altered 1 week before my wedding (Oct 14) so I can ship it out if I decide to do so.  They said they really only need 1 week for alterations.  I did set aside some $$ though in case it did not come in on time.

Continue to call the shop until they have a better answer for you.

Anniversary
  • I would keep calling the shop. If they told you that it is on the way, that sounds like it has at least been shipped.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Like @beachyone15 said, I would keep calling.  I ordered mine the beginnng of February and I got the beginning of May.  I'm not sure exactly where it was shipped from though, but I'm kind of surprised you haven't received it yet.  Hopefully you get it soon though.  *fingers crossed*

• I have not gotten mine yet.  I ordered it last year, but they told me that it would not be in until August.  I called last week to check the status and the girl on the phone told me two more weeks. 
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Keep calling the shop. I ordered early February and they told me July. My dress JUST came in on Friday. They couldn't even give me an exact date until it shipped from Califonia last week and it was an additional 5 to 7 days from that shipment for the dress to come in. They told you June arrival and now it's nearly August. It's time to escalate to someone's manager if you haven't already....

You'll need to do your first fitting 6 to 8 weeks out so you still have time (we have the same date) but they need to get on the ball and see about rushing or whatever they have to do to get your dress in on time for any necessary alterations.

• bekt14bekt14 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited July 2014
    My dress has not arrived yet, but they said it would probably come in August. I'm not freaking out yet, but if I don't hear anything by next week... I may start to stress out a bit. 
    Our date is Oct. 4th. It's being made by someone in town, so I don't have to worry about it being shipped overseas, which is nice. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • The designer works specifically for the shop I bought it from, and it's a really high end shop with a great reputation, so that's the only thing keeping me slightly calm right now. Every time I call, they tell me the same thing. That they will let me know as soon as it comes in. I ordered my veil from the same place, and it arrived right when they said it would, but I would have rather it been the other way around! Ughhhh. I'm very freaked out!! I will definitely call them again today. I don't know where it was shipped from, all I know is they said it would have to arrive and be inspected in their main warehouse before being sent to their shop. Oh and I ordered it back in November!!
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    hkda2003 said:
    The designer works specifically for the shop I bought it from, and it's a really high end shop with a great reputation, so that's the only thing keeping me slightly calm right now. Every time I call, they tell me the same thing. That they will let me know as soon as it comes in. I ordered my veil from the same place, and it arrived right when they said it would, but I would have rather it been the other way around! Ughhhh. I'm very freaked out!! I will definitely call them again today. I don't know where it was shipped from, all I know is they said it would have to arrive and be inspected in their main warehouse before being sent to their shop. Oh and I ordered it back in November!!
    Ok....even the highest of high end designers don't typically take more than 8 months to make and ship a dress. It's been 9 months-ish since you placed your order. They need to give you something more definitive than "we'll call when it comes in". That's just not ok at this point. Something has happened in the supply chain and they need to give you a firmer update. Visit the salon in person and ask to speak with a manager. I ordered my dress from a boutique too and it took about 6 months from order date to delivery date for my dress to arrive. This is unacceptable.

• Thank you, I agree! After I called today and got practically no answer at all, my mom called, because she is a little better with confrontation. She gave them a realllly hard time, and they said their production manager is traveling at the moment and that they were trying to get a hold of her to find out exactly what is going on. The in store manager said these dresses typically take 8 to 10 months. All along I have been told 8 months max, and now they have changed that! My mom told her that I'm going to start looking for different options soon, and she insisted that wouldn't be necessary. She said she would call back tonight or tomorrow with an answer. They close at 8, so looks like it will be tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards