Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Wedding venue help!

Hi! I'm trying to narrow down our venue for our reception. I'm torn between Ballroom at the Ben, Crystal Tea Room, and Cescaphe Ballroom. I love the historic buildings, Center City location, and beautiful architectural details in Ballroom at the Ben and Crystal Tea Room but I am afraid those venues will be too large for our 150 guests. I don't want the reception to look empty. Cescaphe Ballroom is nice but I'm not crazy about the Northern Liberties location and I'm thinking it doesn't have the same elegant, sophisticated atmosphere as the other two. I've attended weddings done by Cescaphe and was impressed by the level of service. I'm really torn because I know that no matter which venue we choose, our wedding will still be beautiful. I just feel that the reception venue has the biggest impact on the overall look of the wedding. Please weigh in on any of these venues if you have experience with them! Thank you!!

Re: Wedding venue help!

• Options
    crackktheskyycrackktheskyy member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2014
    Hi! I'm trying to narrow down our venue for our reception. I'm torn between Ballroom at the Ben, Crystal Tea Room, and Cescaphe Ballroom. I love the historic buildings, Center City location, and beautiful architectural details in Ballroom at the Ben and Crystal Tea Room but I am afraid those venues will be too large for our 150 guests. I don't want the reception to look empty. Cescaphe Ballroom is nice but I'm not crazy about the Northern Liberties location and I'm thinking it doesn't have the same elegant, sophisticated atmosphere as the other two. I've attended weddings done by Cescaphe and was impressed by the level of service. I'm really torn because I know that no matter which venue we choose, our wedding will still be beautiful. I just feel that the reception venue has the biggest impact on the overall look of the wedding. Please weigh in on any of these venues if you have experience with them! Thank you!!
    Hi! We visited the Ballroom at the Ben, the Crystal Tea Room, and a few of Cescaphe's venues. I was torn between the Down Town Club and the Ben but we ultimately chose the the Down Town Club (a Cescaphe venue). No matter what, your wedding will be beautiful! I thought the Crystal Tea Room was dark, and the Ben had more "wow" factor, so I crossed the Crystal Tea Room off my list immediately after seeing the two back to back. 

We went with Cescaphe because I've heard nonstop that their weddings are amazing, the food is consistently incredible, and we really felt it was just the best option for us. It wasn't an easy decision, though -- the Ben is beautiful and a little more affordable!

If you like Cescaphe but don't like the Northern Liberties location (can't blame you there!) have you considered checking out the Down Town Club or the Atrium at the Curtis Center? Both are within blocks of the Ben and the Crystal Tea Room. I love that downtown feeling, too! I also think both are more elegant than the Cescaphe Ballroom...but that's just me!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards