Attire & Accessories Forum

2nd choice dress

Alikat9614Alikat9614 member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
Does anyone else have pics of their dress and their 2nd choice? Or am I just a weirdo? I like to look at them and reassure myself I made the best choice, although some days I second guess myself, lol. Here's mine. I went with the David Tutera by Faviana, "Sarah." The close second I believe was a Maggie Sottero, not sure what style it was. What made you choose one over the other? (ETA: the pictures. Derp)

Re: 2nd choice dress

• Is the one on the left your dress?  Or the one on the right?  I just want to make sure.
    Happiness is an inside job
  • Sorry, the one on the left is mine (simple sweetheart neckline and tulle skirt). The other had SO much material in the skirt and would have been so hot at the beginning of September in Virginia. It also would have required major alterations on the length and bustling, whereas the my dress simply needs to be shortened and there is no train to bustle. :)
  • All you said about them.  Your dress is gorgeous and looks fabulous on you.  It seems more like a dress that you wear.  The other is more "dress"  Congratulations.  You are going to be so beautiful!
    Happiness is an inside job
  • You definitely picked the right dress! Looks great!

I have a few pictures of my dress and the dress that came in second, but after I bought my dress I never questioned it. My dress was classy and different, and that's what I wanted. The other was nice, but just didn't seem as special. 
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • You made the right choice. The one on the left is lumpy, I can't see that being flattering or photographing well. The one on the right is a classic that you won't look back and regret when you look at the pics.
  • I saved pictures of my 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th runners up. I think it's totally normal to have a little bit of doubt. The one you picked is perfect! It looks amazing on you! Congrats :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards