Registry and Gift Forum

Favorite Registry Items

Just curious! What are some of your favorite items on you registry? I would say mine are my aqua colored Kitchenaid stand mixer, newlyweds cookbook, and the electric wine bottle opener.

Re: Favorite Registry Items

• Definitely my every day China!   I am in love with the serving pieces.  
    photo a9462148-4aa2-44d9-90ce-7f8b4d94b393_zps20ae9070.jpg
  • The dishes (everyday whiteware) and silverware, hot pink linen napkins, a large enameled cast iron lasagna pan, Chemex coffee maker, KitchenAid food processor.
  • We got the newlywed cookbook as a gift and LOVE it!

Our wedding is in a month, but out of the things we've gotten so far - we've been most excited about the stand mixer of course, food processor, dutch oven, matching set of dishes, wine glasses/champagne flutes, serving pieces, rice maker, cake platter, oh and oddly - this linen shower curtain that I just had to have. : ) We're really hoping we get some of our bedding and the rest of our luggage and flatware, but all of that is pretty pricey so we'll see. People have really blown us away with their generosity!
  • Our martini glasses!
  • If we don't receive it at the wedding, I plan to buy the salad shooter. I lack a lot of upper body strength, and have a hard time shredding cheese when I need a lot. Cheese and Chicken Enchiladas are not the same without mass amounts of cheese.
  •  Cuisinart pots & pans set! :)
  • If we don't receive it at the wedding, I plan to buy the salad shooter. I lack a lot of upper body strength, and have a hard time shredding cheese when I need a lot. Cheese and Chicken Enchiladas are not the same without mass amounts of cheese.
    Wouldn't it be easier to register for a food processor with a grating blade? I usually use mine when I have large quantities of cheese to grate.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Our flatware was our favorite thing on our registry. 

I also have soft spot for our knife block and crystal stemware.

Anniversary
  • tammym1001tammym1001 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited July 2014
    One of those sauce pans that comes with a lid with a strainer in it. I use that thing all the time and I absolutely love it. Actually, I love everything we put on our registry, but I use that one the most.

ETA: and our pizza stone. We probably use that as much as the pot.
  • The Breville smart toaster oven.  It's the perfect size cooking for just us, and doesn't heat up the whole damn kitchen in the summer.

All of our Goldtouch bakeware from W/S.  I can burn marinades on those pans and they just come right off with hot water, the only thing I still use foil for is salmon because I actually WANT the skin to stick so I don't plate it.

I mean, I love everything we got, but those are my favorites that I use all the time.
  • We haven't used most of it yet and my kitchen was already pretty well stocked with pans and appliances, but I'm in love with my Wusthof knives and the big 'n' tall sleeping bags we got. Super excited about my One Pot a Day cookbook from Williams Sonoma, enameled dutch oven pot, Cuisinart coffee pot with hot water tap, veggie Spiralizer, new sheets and towels... I love it all. I mean, I squealed like a pig for FINALLY getting stainless steel measuring cups that I won't accidentally melt by leaving too close to the oven vent or when they fall into the bottom of the dishwasher. It's just one of those things that I thought "people don't buy these for themselves, they get them at their shower" so I never bought them. Stupid, I realize. 

• I was super excited to get our full set of wine glasses (we had random mismatched $2 ones from Target before) and H's parents got me a shotgun (not on the registry) and a kitchenaid mixer (on the registry).
  • @wandajune6 The nice part I like about salad shooters is that I can shred directly onto something or in a bowl. It also has a slicing blade. I don't know that I have ever used a food processor.
  • annathy03 said:
    The Breville smart toaster oven.  It's the perfect size cooking for just us, and doesn't heat up the whole damn kitchen in the summer.

All of our Goldtouch bakeware from W/S.  I can burn marinades on those pans and they just come right off with hot water, the only thing I still use foil for is salmon because I actually WANT the skin to stick so I don't plate it.

I mean, I love everything we got, but those are my favorites that I use all the time.
    See now we didn't register for a toaster oven. FI grew up with one in his house and I didn't, so I felt like it wouldl just take up counter space, but you're so right it would make summer cooking 100% easier and cooler! We might have to add one to ours! 
  • Aray82Aray82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Our coverlet set and flannel comforter. We are now using a mismatch of sheets from both of our college days. Our Calphalon triply stainless steel cookware. But really, everything, All of it.
  • annathy03 said:
    The Breville smart toaster oven.  It's the perfect size cooking for just us, and doesn't heat up the whole damn kitchen in the summer.

See now we didn't register for a toaster oven. FI grew up with one in his house and I didn't, so I felt like it wouldl just take up counter space, but you're so right it would make summer cooking 100% easier and cooler! We might have to add one to ours! 
    I use mine all.the.time. especially in summer. I also like warming things in it so much better than in the microwave. It doesn't screw with texture and moistness like the microwave does. 
  • PDKH said:
    annathy03 said:

I use mine all.the.time. especially in summer. I also like warming things in it so much better than in the microwave. It doesn't screw with texture and moistness like the microwave does. 
    QFT.  In addition to cooking ours has a reheat setting that is infinitely better than using the microwave.
  • I already had a pretty well stocked house/kitchen so didn't register for a whole lot but my 2 fav gifts were my dyson and pasta attachment for my kitchen aid. I pretty much only make my own pasta now, it's so easy and I love it.
  • @jenni1221 what recipe do you use for the pasta?  I made homemade ravioli for the first time this weekend, and if I get practiced at it might get the kitchenaid attachment.  In the meantime, ravioli are big enough pasta pieces to roll out by hand.
  • @annathy03  - I used the receipe that came with the attachment.  I don't have it off top of my head but it was very simply flour, eggs, pinch of salt and small amount of water.   Since I am cooking for 2 I cut the receipe (which is for 1 lb) in half.  
  • Thanks @jenni1221!  Mine was just flour and eggs, with a smidge of water if you needed it.  Salt would definately help!
  • @annathy03 the recipe i used was 4 eggs, 3.5 cup sifted flour, dash of salt and about a tablespoon or so of water. i cut everything in half. water amt varies each time i make it, i just add it in tiny amts until dough is right consistency.
  • I'm not married yet, but I've already started using my ice cream maker. So good! 

In the extremely unlikely event that we call off the wedding, I'm okay paying my friends back for that one...
  • GARION said:
    I'm not married yet, but I've already started using my ice cream maker. So good! 

In the extremely unlikely event that we call off the wedding, I'm okay paying my friends back for that one...

We registered for the Cuisinart one--definitely something I'd get with the completion discount!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards