Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Married gals...

How long did it take for your hair and make up for yourself as well as your bridesmaids?

Trying to make a schedule (not written in stone of course) so I can plan when to have things delivered and the limo.
It's full hair and make up (eyelashes and airbrush, if this helps accurate it at all).
My own trial is next week, but I am more concerned about my bridesmaids as well as my mother.

Thanks in advance! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Married gals...

• manateehuggermanateehugger member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2014
    I had 6 bridesmaids and my mother doing hair, 5 bridesmaids doing makeup (including lashes), plus myself (airbrush makeup including lashes, extensions, and half up do). I had 1 dedicated hair stylist, 1 dedicated makeup artist, and one lady who did both (she was the one who worked on me after doing 1 or 2 BM's). 

We started at 10:00am and everyone was done by 1:30pm. 

But honestly, I just told my stylist the numbers and what time everyone needed to be done by and she said 10:00am. I'd just ask the stylist. 
  • Okay, yeah I think I will just have to get her opinion as it varies so much I am guessing.

I figure I will take the same amount as you, as that's exactly what I am doing. Extensions, lashes, ect.
    One of my bridesmaids has short hair, so she wont take long I'd think.

I figure while one is getting their hair done, someone will be getting their make up done.
    I had set aside 9:00 am - 11:30 ... But I think we'll need more time now.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • There were 4 of us getting our hair and makeup done.  I had one hair stylist and one makeup artist. We started at 8:30 and were done by 1:30.

We knew it was going to take awhile, not because of the hair stylist but because of the MUA.  My friend who works with her told me that she is a tad on the slow side but her work is amazing so we just made allowances.

• 2 hours for my hair and about 20 minutes for my makeup. My bridesmaids got ready at their own homes.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • My hair and make up took 3 1/2 hours. I had 5 other girls with me who got hair and nails done. They had several girls working on them and they were done in a little under 3 hours.
  • I was only person getting makeup & hair. I had 2 adult BM's that got hair. And two girls (age 3 & 6) that got hair. So, total of 5 hair & 1 makeup. Our stylist just asked us what we needed (how many people, etc) and what time we needed to be finished by. Then she told us what time they would be there. They got there at 6:30am and I think we were done around 8am (I had told them we needed done by 8:30). We had 1 hair stylist and one makeup artist, who showed up around 7:30. I think they had calculated about 20 minutes per service. But, definitely ask your salon. It will depend on how many stylists they plan to work on you also. If they send 2 hair stylists, it will obviously take shorter time and if you only have 1.

• It took me about an hour for hair and makeup, but I also have very short hair, so a big chunk of that time was for makeup. A lot depends on what type of hairstyle you are each getting. A complicated updo will take more time then someone that just wants a blow out or maybe a simple bun. I would recommend trying to get photos from each of your girls on how they want their hair done & then take with you to your trial and ask your stylist, how much time do they thing they will need for each person. And the add some time for a cushion.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards