Nebraska-Omaha

Rehearsal Dinner Idea?!?

Ok ladies, I need some help!
My fiance and I are getting married in Elkhorn and our reception is in downtown Omaha, we are looking for a place to have the rehearsal dinner?!? My fiance's parents live like 25-30 mins west of elkhorn so we do not want to have it there, so people do not have to drive back and forth all night. I think they are wanting to bring food in or maybe cater at a low cost...any ideas? Something not too expensive.
Thanks!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Idea?!?

• mflogstadmflogstad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Johnny's Italian Steakhouse, Upstream Brewery, Wheatfields does AWESOME catering and delivery.  
  • MinnViking1MinnViking1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I believe we are going to do Upstream also. My coworkers daughters rehearsal dinner was there and they had a great experience.
  • edited December 2011
    Any good restaurant will be able to accommodate your rehearsal dinner. If you're looking for something in Midtown, Grey Plume is outstanding. Flemings in Regency is another great choice. For downtown, Upstream, Flatiron, Sullivans, Stokes, and Blue are all good places. For West O, most places around Village Pointe will be pretty good. Johhny's, Kona, Upstream west, etc. It all depends on the size of your dinner party and the amount you'd like to spend, as well as where the wedding party is staying during they trip to Omaha (if you have travelers).

Some alternatives are a BBQ at a lake or at Mahoney. Also, there is a barn on 152nd and Military that's available for rent. I think it's pretty reasonable, and you can do any type of catering there you want.  

Hope that helps!
  • edited December 2011
    I don't think the Grey Plume would be able to accomodate a rehersal dinner at the moment unless you had it actually in the restaurant and rented it out.

However it also depends on your budget. If you are looking for something fun and unique you could always cater in things like Zestos or other small local companies.

• edited December 2011
    Boyd N Charlies has a great party room upstairs, Upstream Legacy or  Roja!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nebraska-omaha_rehearsal-dinner-idea?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:79Discussion:0390e29e-5110-49be-b9be-38b2b613f0efPost:80b10fca-6017-4d90-b955-9dfca8923588">Rehearsal Dinner Idea?!?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok ladies, I need some help! My fiance and I are getting married in Elkhorn and our reception is in downtown Omaha, we are looking for a place to have the rehearsal dinner?!? My fiance's parents live like 25-30 mins west of elkhorn so we do not want to have it there, so people do not have to drive back and forth all night. I think they are wanting to bring food in or maybe cater at a low cost...any ideas? Something not too expensive. Thanks!!
    Posted by rachelfalcone[/QUOTE]

Well hellllooo there Rachel! How's planning going?

I would check out Regency Lake and Tennis Club.  They let you bring in your own food and drinks (as told by a recent bride who had her rehersal there 2 wks ago) and it is about $500.

HTH!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone Visit Omaha.Weddings.com Visit Sports.weddings.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards