Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Help Coordinating my Wedding Colors

I went dress shopping with my bridesmaids today and finally picked on of my colors. It's a dark teal color. Kind of like this. 

Anyway, it's the Peacock color by David's Bridal. 

My mother hates the color with an all consuming passion. She also doesn't think blue and green will go together (My fiancee wants a green vest so we were considering having all the groomsmen wear green but she thinks it will clash). 

Also, we were considering dark grey for the tux's but I don't know if that would go. I always wanted black but would that be difficult to pull off with the dark blue color? 

Re: Help Coordinating my Wedding Colors

• Options
    Maybe the groom could wear the green vest and/or tie and the groomsmen could wear the dark teal.  Your mom is just wrong, those colours go great together and are right next to each other on the colour wheel so they definitely don't "clash".  TBH, I would tell her that you decided on those two colours and it is not up for any further discussion.  Below are some pictures to help you visualize it better.
    Purple & Aqua Wedding Party by Brook Images
    imageimage
  • Options
    Shoot, I hit enter too soon.  Anywho, above is with grey suits.  Below is with black.
    2011-06-20_127
  • Options
    Thanks so much. Those pictures help a lot. I thought maybe my fiancee could wear the green and i could match with a peridot necklace ( My engagement ring is peridot) then te attendents would wear dark teal.
  • Options
    My husband is a limo driver and I remember him telling me about a wedding where it was peacock theme/color and half the men wore green vests & half wore the blue and he said the colors together looked good.
  • Options
    Unless your mom is paying for their attire, I don't think she needs to worry about it. 

If she is, show her @doeydo's pictures and google image some more to give her an idea of how things will look. Hopefully that will help her get on board.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Ok, peacocks are one of the most beautiful animals on the planet which is why so many people are obsessed with them (I actually have a peacock tattoo because my mom grew up on a peacock farm. For reals). And you can't tell me those damn birds don't match! Dark blue/teal and green were put together BY NATURE! If it's good enough for mother nature and peacocks then it's good enough for weddings. Tell your mom she's going against nature! Haha.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards