October 2014 Weddings

Anyone else's dress come in yet?

labrolabro member
First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
edited July 2014 in October 2014 Weddings

My dress came in on Friday! I made an appointment and I got to go try it on today although my first official fitting won't be until early September. I am so happy! The dress fit nearly perfectly. I'll only need the bust taken in a little since we ordered up a size and a bustle added. The length was perfect with my wedding shoes!imageimage

Re: Anyone else's dress come in yet?

• OMG! You are gorgeous! Your dress is beautiful too :) can't wait to see your hair up with the dress

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Here's my dress (again!) I also need to have the bust taken in. I'll still be busty though :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • labrolabro member
    @Lowell14 I totally get it! Believe me! I'm glad my dress comes up a little higher on my bust...I feel much more secure. Otherwise I'd feel like my boobs were spilling out all over the place but now I feel like I can jump around and dance like a crazy person all night without accidentally flashing anyone.

• @LaPeanut1018‌, fingers crossed the bust can be taken in enough to.keep me in place :) no black eyes for me

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kebebbkebebb member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    I picked my dress up like two months ago! It's been hanging in the closet at my mom's house. I go for alterations on 8/21. I'm so excited to put it on again. I may or may not have put it on the weekend of the 4th just because I needed to see it....heh
  • Mine came in a couple of weeks ago:

With Hoop (don't mind the expression on my face,when I purchased the dress, I tried it on without the hoop so I was surprised at how big it was)

Without Hoop:

The back:

I'm hoping when I get the dress altered they can make the hoop smaller so I have SOME fullness but not quite as full as it is currently. 

Anniversary
  • Yay! Love all of your dresses. Wish I had a picture of mine to share, but I'm having my first alterations appointment this Saturday. So excited!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I just made my first fitting appt for Sept 4. The seamstress is like Vera from SYTTD :)

she's so good that she restructured my friends 3 BM in 2 days. The last one she did in a morning AFTER a previous seamstress botched the side seams and hems

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kebebbkebebb member
    Found my pic of my dress. I'm so excited to see how it looks on me when it's the right size and altered to fit.
  • labrolabro member
    @Lowell14 My first official fitting is also scheduled for September 4th! How exciting! I decided to push it to about 6/7 weeks out instead of 8 weeks. I lost 2 lbs last week and I'm hoping to drop a few more and also work on shaping up my flabby arms.

@smalfrie19 How nice for you! :) I ordered mine in February and it's been SUCH a long wait for this dress to come in. I've been so anxious for it. I was beyond excited that my dress finally came in Friday and that I got to put it on for the first time on my birthday!

• @Lowell14 My first official fitting is also scheduled for September 4th! How exciting! I decided to push it to about 6/7 weeks out instead of 8 weeks. I lost 2 lbs last week and I'm hoping to drop a few more and also work on shaping up my flabby arms.

@smalfrie19 How nice for you! :) I ordered mine in February and it's been SUCH a long wait for this dress to come in. I've been so anxious for it. I was beyond excited that my dress finally came in Friday and that I got to put it on for the first time on my birthday!
    I totally remember that feeling!! It was amazing and so much fun!!! 
    Anniversary
  • My dress came in some time in March or April and I had my 1st fitting about a month ago, lol ;-)

I'm wearing a Maggie Bernadette.

I was gobsmacked at the cost of the alterations. . . they better make that damn thing fit like it was custom made!

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• kebebbkebebb member
    My dress came in some time in March or April and I had my 1st fitting about a month ago, lol ;-)

I'm wearing a Maggie Bernadette.

I was gobsmacked at the cost of the alterations. . . they better make that damn thing fit like it was custom made!
    I'm flipping out at the thought of how much my alterations are going to cost. I'm like the cheapest person in the history of forever so I was trying to decide if I could pull it off without alterations. If only I had longer legs...ha
  • I just picked mine up on Sunday! I didn't think to take pictures, though. I actually got the dates mixed up for my first fitting and already took it in. They had a cancellation, so the seamstress was able to see me. So now it's no longer in my posession...which is ok! I was too afraid to take it out and prance around in it--pretty sure my cat would have a field day with the netting!
  • I go for my first official fitting August 14th. My dress has been in for months but I didnt want to take it home...you would never get me out of it lol
  • I just got the call! My dress is ready!
    Yay yay yay yay yay!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • my dress came home with me the day I picked it out! I wouldn't have bought it if it needed any kind of alterations. (that would have cost more than the dress!!!)
  • This is from first try on. (Ignore glasses and sloppy hair since I was running from work), but today we took alterations assessment and the bust and waist are going in a bit. They are NOT hemming it and I am terrified of tripping. we are also bustling it for reception. This thing is so heavy! But I love it. It was the only non tea length I tried on, so of course it had to be the one!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Here is mine...supposedly a one of a kind!! IDK either way...it was absolutely everything I was looking for!!! I bought a sash to go around the middle...I am so happy with the way everything is turning out!! <3
  • Wow! That's a gorgeous dress!!
    Anniversary
  • Loooooong story short, the dress I originally bought is just about done in alterations but it was basically a re-design and I don't feel like myself at all.  In fact, I felt like I was wearing a costume (sister picked it out and I got caught up in the emotion).  With only 2 months to go, I was stressing the eff out and was looking for something off the rack.  Found this and bought it on Friday and ALMOST had a bridal moment.  LOL!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've had mine since May. It's at the seamstress' house for alterations.
  • It didn't add the pic the first time.
  • I've had mine since May/since I bought it, but I'll play along...
  • Mine finally arrived at the shop last week! (9 months after I purchased it!) My first fitting is this Thursday. Pictures to come!!
  • @hkda2003 I'm glad it finally came in! Can't believe it took 9 months! I hope your fitting goes well!

• I just got back from my first fitting and I am obsessed with my dress! It was so good to see it again after so long!! Let me know if these pictures work... Oh, and the awful tan line has got to go!!!
  • @hkda2003 That is such a beautiful shape! I love the deep V in the back!

• Had my first fitting  on Friday! They didn't have the crystal belt or veil there to try on with the dress, which made me sad, but overall it went well!

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards