Chit Chat

Seen any good movies lately?

It's date night! Yay!

Any good movies out?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Seen any good movies lately?

• It looks cheesy, but I totally want to see Lucy. 
  • Actually DH and I are going to have date night tonight and wanted to see a movie, since we have leftover free movie passes from last month. Nothing that's out right now seems super interesting to me though. There's some galaxy something or other movie with Chris Pratt that is supposed to be good.

We might just run errands and buy my parents a wedding thank you gift tonight and skip the movie until something else comes out.
    imageimage">
  • We're going to Guardians of the Galaxy tonight.  We've been catching up over the last couple of weeks from being away.  We say Dawn of Tomorrow, which I enjoyed cos I hate Tom Cruise and he kept dying.  They actually made fun of it a bit.  Also saw the new Planet of the Apes.  Wasn't bad.  Maleficient is by far my most recent favourite though.  

• I liked Begin Again but I'm a Keira Knightly fangirl and I'm not sure if its still playing. V and I enjoyed making fun of it a little too.
  • Actually DH and I are going to have date night tonight and wanted to see a movie, since we have leftover free movie passes from last month. Nothing that's out right now seems super interesting to me though. There's some galaxy something or other movie with Chris Pratt that is supposed to be good. We might just run errands and buy my parents a wedding thank you gift tonight and skip the movie until something else comes out.
    haha so funny We are having a date night tomorrow and I just texted my fi "do you wanna see that galaxy whatever?". I'm SO not interested but I'm in it for the brownie points. :p
  • I saw Lucy this past weekend and it was terrible.  All the good stuff was in the trailers, and there were some GIANT plot holes that had nothing do with the cool part of her getting powers and stuff.  It also felt WAY longer than the 89 minutes it actually is, which is pretty bad.

Guardians of the Galaxy looks interesting and it has really good reviews from both critics and users on Rotten Tomatoes, so that is something.
  • Oh gawd Lucy looks so terrible.

We haven't gotten out to the movies in a while. Streamed "Friends with Kids" the other night and that was pretty funny.

• Snowpiercer is great, if you live in a market that has it-it's also available for download on iTunes. It's an action movie starring Chris Evans. It is batshit crazy, but the set design and art design and cinematographer are all stellar. It's probably the best action movie I've seen in years.

I think we are going to go see Guardians of the Galaxy this weekend. 
  • Lucy was the worst movie I have seen in awhile.

Fault in our Stars was good.  And So it Goes was fairly good. 

That's all I've seen lately.

We haven't gotten out to the movies in a while. Streamed "Friends with Kids" the other night and that was pretty funny.
    I loved that movie. 

OMG lolo! Friends with Kids is absolutely one of my favorite movies! I found it last year on netflix and I haven't been able to get enough. DH and I watch it every few months lol. Adam Scottt... swooon...
    imageimage">

OMG lolo! Friends with Kids is absolutely one of my favorite movies! I found it last year on netflix and I haven't been able to get enough. DH and I watch it every few months lol. Adam Scottt... swooon...
    I have loved Adam Scott since Tell Me You Love Me on HBO. 
  • Also, I just looked up Adam Scott on IMDB to see if I remembered the name of that series correctly. Apparently there is a Hot Tub Time Machine 2 and he's in it! 
  • Nothing new that I really want to see...last movie I watched was Legends of the Fall.  :)

FI's last?  The Lego Movie. Um....yeah.  Glad he saw that one already, cause I'm not interested!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• My bestie and I recently saw The Other Woman. It was really good. Much funnier than I thought it would be.

Tonight FI and I are going to watch Sex Tape (also with Cameron Diaz). Hoping it's good.

• These are great suggestions!

@beachyone15-I loved The Other Woman!!

• We rented "Her". It was actually really frigen good.

• I asked FI to go on a date with me tonight. I'm going to take him to a movie. I think he said he wanted to see Lucy which isn't something that sounds like I would like, but there aren't many other good choices. 

As long as I can have popcorn and the largest fountain coke they offer, I'll be good to go!
    *msstaticfancypants*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Snowpiercer is one of the best movies I've seen in years and I review movies for a living. I also saw Begin Again and it was a really great girl movie, not sure how your husband would enjoy it. Wish I Was Here was okay as well. It was good if you have kids maybe? Not sure. It was good. Guardians of the Galaxy is visual fireworks just awesome. Guys, girls, older children (would not reccomend for 12 and under) will all enjoy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My company raffles off tickets to see sneak peeks of movies before they're released (we have an relationship with the vendors) . We got to see Guardians a few hours before it's official release. I wasn't really interested in the movie at first since I'm not into the Marvel superhero thing, but I really liked it! I think it's worth the watch.
  • We say Guardians this weekend.  I quite enjoyed it, though DH was expecting more of an Avengers feel.  It's more comedic, poke fun at itself than Avengers.  

We're currently watching Transcendence on VOD.  Pretty meh.  But we weren't expecting much.  And DH brought pizza and dollar drink Coke Zeros, so all is good

• Sugargirl1019Sugargirl1019 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2014
    Frozen.

Jk. How to Train Your Dragon 2 is always a favorite! :)

Captain America: Winter Soldier, Maleficent, The Hobbit...

So basically, there's shit in the theatres now.
    Redbox it is!

image   image   image

• Gardians of the Galaxy was pretty good (not my normal type of movie but I like Marvel movies).  It was funnier than I thought it would be but confusing at first while they set up everything.

I'm currently introducing DH to the Harry Potter movies.  He had only seen the first one before we meet.  We are watching Goblet of Fire right now.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • We just saw Dallas Buyers Club. Heavy but really good. Remember when mccounahey ( how do you spell?!?) only did stupid boytoy movies?
  • Wegl13 said:
    We just saw Dallas Buyers Club. Heavy but really good. Remember when mccounahey ( how do you spell?!?) only did stupid boytoy movies?
    II liked Dallas Buyers Club too! Not generally my type of movie, but I liked it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wegl13 said:
    We just saw Dallas Buyers Club. Heavy but really good. Remember when mccounahey ( how do you spell?!?) only did stupid boytoy movies?

This is one of my favorite movies! I love it.
  • Wegl13 said:

hahha yes! Every time I hear his name I just think of him saying "well alright- alright - alright!" in that stoner voice of his.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards