Oregon

*SNARKY*!!!

Dude!

DUDE!!!

You're the week before me and I'm 30 days away.. so what? you're like... 21 days away?

D00000D!!!!!

How you holding up????

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

Re: *SNARKY*!!!

• sarahmarietmsarahmarietm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WHAT SHE SAID!

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    SARAH!!!! HOW THE HECK WAS SAN FRANCISCO?!  DID THE GIANTS WIN!???

I like caps lock lately...
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss
  • sarahmarietmsarahmarietm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh yea, they won 11-2! should have been a complete shutout but the homeplate ump was making AWFUL calls.  The game was on espn (but we also have comcast sports network....lol) so we recorded and totally saw ourselves a few times!!! hahah.
    other than that it was a short trip.  sceaming kids on both flights but we just laughed lol.  there was one kid there, 18 months old, who was legally named Cannon Ball!  The dad had a total von dutch complex, so I'm not suprised, but come on!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    LOL ... You guys crack me up! I just got back from a less than stelllar camping trip this weekend. Sarah - honeymoon trip sounds like it was fun!!

So how am I holding up ... FREAKING OUT!!!! I'm down to 20 days now. My bridal shower is tomorrow and I'm looking forward to that. And did I mention I have a zit the size of a jujubee and its cousin the sixlet on my chin? NOT what I need at this moment! Cry

So much to do - so much to still figure out. I didn't want to go camping but it was the only chance FI was going to get to meet the guy marrying us before the wedding so we went. Had fun together but some in the group just sucked. I hate having to associate with them at times. But hey, our campsite was secluded from the others so that had benefits!!

On the wedding side -- I got the brown wool sqauares knitted for the flowers and one white down while FI drove to Northern Calif. I'm felting them tonight. Hopefully that will work out awesome.

We nailed down the ceremony and the one reading we want this weekend. Now just the vows to do. Yikes!!

And I gave one of our cardboard cake stands their first coat of brown spray paint. And ran out of paint. Crap. So I'll be making a run to Wallys before going to pick up my beast - my 105 pound lab/retriever/mastiff mix - tonight from the kennel. 

Still left on the DIY List: make the ringbearer pillow and his awesome suspenders; talking to the florist at Albertsons to see if she will order extra daisy poms for my week or I'll go online bulk flower shopping; staining the love letter box and card box; making its liner; making the boutineers; finishing up the white pomander; finishing up the favor boxes ... OK enough. It's freaking me out even more.

I know I have to get it done. I actually have until Sept. 10 -we're leaving the weekend BEFORE the wedding to go the Rennaisance Fair in Corvallis with friends. I know. I'm an idiot. But hey - I have awesome friends and family who will make this all work. Hell - I already feel married. This just legalizes it.

How about you Kizat?? Freaked yet??  Smile
  • edited December 2011
    Ooh man.. I'm like a chahuahua on crack lately.

my DIY list is slowly but surely dwindling down. Thank goodness for that too.  My list was beasty... hahahaha
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oregon_snarky?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:119Discussion:c7c6e23f-c787-4616-a677-e2973a3d63a9Post:3bd9222d-b011-42cf-9334-c3dc9c36471d">Re: *SNARKY*!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ooh man.. I'm like a chahuahua on crack lately.
    Posted by kizat[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>That made me laugh out loud .. almost shot water out of my nose!! I'm glad i'm not the only one running around like a crazy person!</div>
  • edited December 2011
    whoa.. for some reason.. it's showing my previous post as someone else... but with my name and stats.  CREEPY!

Anyway.. Yeah.. crazy person over here for sure.  But I'm getting so much stuff done.  I thought I had a bunch of stuff done already, but no. lol

Got the centerpieces done, bouquets are done, bm's gifts are done, gm's gifts are done... still need to do bouts for the guys... there some other stuff too.. can't remember off the top of my head.

Lists everywhere!
  • edited December 2011
    Snarky.. Might I recommend Fun-Dip as an exfoliant? Laughing
  • edited December 2011
    LOL ... that might actually work!! Wink If nothing else - I'd get a snack!

Actually, I had a hugely productive night last night and knocked out a lot of stuff - card box and love letter box got stained; finished up spray painting most of the cardboard cake stands and adding ribbon - just the tops to do now; and hot glued ribbon around some of the favors leaving me like 10 to tie ribbon on. Tonight I'm taking on the ringbearer's pillow or going to make chocolate molds of fish and daisies at my parents house - still have to decide!

Still surviving Kizat?
  • edited December 2011
    I keep waiting for my excitement to turn to panic... I've only got a handful of projects left and I'm certain I've forgotten something, but all my lists say I haven't.  Who knows.  hahaha

At this point, I'm sure it wont matter.  We have the venue, officiant, ceremony/vows written, and the marriage certificate will be taken care of next week... so we technically dont need anything else. lol

However, everyone has their clothing, the photographer has been taken care of, food, centerpieces, bouquets (I thought those were going to be the death of me) and all the attendant gifts are Done.

*BLINK*

I never thought I"d be so thankful for my OCD and over bearing nature... but it's turned out to be quite the saver in this planning process.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards