Not Engaged Yet

tuesday chat

2»

Re: tuesday chat

• @allusive007, awww.

Last week when FI's car got backed into by his boss, I was all freaking out and worried and he just told me he was happy it was him and not me. They can be so cute sometimes. <3

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @allusive007 - Stay away from the internet when something medical comes up! It has brought me nothing but stress! Plus, it's almost always wrong. Last two times I was SURE I had figured out what was wrong with me, and I was dead wrong.
  • @caseface5 - FI seems to be better, but not 100%. His headaches were totally gone Friday, but back a bit the last couple of days. He gave me a scare at the cottage on Sunday, said he was feeling really dizzy and unsettled...until we talked it through and realized that he had been in the sun a lot, hadn't had much to eat, and had half a beer right after he took his crazy painkillers. Not the best idea! He's seeing a neurologist sometime in the next couple of weeks, so we'll see what comes out of that appointment.

Is there any practicing or warm ups that your cheer team could do in pairs? If you assigned the pairs for something like that then you could pair the new girls with returning girls and have them start integrating a bit more.

@severmilli12 - Glad they have an idea what might have caused the problems. Is he feeling better?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @EisleyJoGo - I agree, the internet is not the best place for diagnosing yourself. I do however like a couple websites for generic information. For example, I didn't realize your white blood cell count could increase due to stress. I mostly use the internet for general definitions and what not...
  • @lmcooper86 - sounds like your SO has similar migraines to mine!  I had a really horrible one on Thursday night/Friday.  :(  the dizziness is so unsettling.
  • Posting before reading... sorry!

I've been in meetings all damn morning. From 9:30 to noon. Ugh. 

We've got sheer craziness going on here because 1. Last week we upgraded our CRM (which manages just about everything we do and is critical to our jobs), so we're sorting out bugs, glitches, and attending tons of trainings. 2. Our IPs were blacklisted by Google as spammers because the company as a whole sent out too many mass emails in June, plus our servers hosted a listserv for all the libraries in Missouri. For whatever reason, we sent out so many emails in June that Google has forever blacklisted all of our IPs... so now we can't communicate with anyone who uses Google to host their email. Most companies/libraries that use Google servers don't actually have "gmail" or "google" in the domain name of their addresses, so it's a crap shoot as to whether or not an email will go through. It's gotten so bad that anyone can email me, but if I reply to one of those emails, it will bounce if the address is on a Google server. I can't even reply, guys! I've been using my personal email address to communicate with these people (which is luckily just my name@gmail.com so it looks professional), but holy moly so frustrating because this has long-term, far-reaching implications for how we do business. 

/rant. 

I can haz Cancun soon? Please?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @eilis1228 - Well that's insanely terrible! Are there any next steps to try and  it?

So sorry that you're having to deal with that crap. Stop being spammers! Haha

• @CocoBellaF -I'm not sure yet if it will even be a cupcake...I just want to sing happy bday to him and have him blow out candles lol.
  • @caseface5 Are they all in different grades? You could try and do a big sister/little sister program. We always did that in junior high and high school cheerleading, and it helped us bond. 

@allusive007 that is so weird! I'm glad you don't really feel badly, but I hope overall it's nothing serious.

@EisleyJoGo We're still looking into next steps... not looking too good right now though. *sigh*

@southernpeach89 Happy bday to your H!

@Dignity100 and @phira I totally feel you guys on the spending money for the wedding... all I can think about is how this money could be used to pay off loans or buy a car or even put a down payment on a house. I just keep telling myself that the memories we're going to have from our wedding will be worth every penny and that our savings will start back up immediately after WR things have been paid for.

@AuroraRose41 Wow, that is super scary! I hope it levels out soon so you don't have to go to the ER!

• Today is cleaning and organizing day for me. I've finally accepted the fact that I will be living at home for a while, so I figure I may as well deep clean my room and get fully settled back in and unpack/sort out most of my college junk. After that, I'm applying to pretty much every retail job etc that I can find within a 30-50 minute drive because I really need some sort of money coming in while I wait for a job that I really want/pays more. 

@allusive007 I hope they figure out what's going on soon!
  • @bookishgiraffes Sorry the job hunt is not going so well. :( When I graduated a few years ago, I applied to any and every job that I could possibly do, which included a ton of retail. I was actually almost hired at Charming Charlies as a low-level manager at a store, but I declined the final interview because I just wasn't ready to throw in the towel. A week later I got an interview at my current company, and I couldn't be happier. Don't give up hope! 

• eilis1228eilis1228 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2014
    Also (sorry I'm posting all over the place), if anyone wants to be cheered up today, check out this subreddit:
    /r/animalsbeingbros (it's a direct link)

FI sent it to me last night, and I probably spent a good hour looking at all the cute animal gifs.

• @EisleyJoGo I play French horn!  I'm playing with an old people band at the moment getting my chops back up (they took a break over July) and then hope to join the big community band once I have a real full time job lol

I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • lmcooper86lmcooper86 member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    edited August 2014

@eilis1228 - My office is in the process of purchasing/designing CRM software, and I'm simultaneously looking forward to and dreading the eventual implementation! I know in the long run it's going to make our work SO MUCH easier, but I'm sure there will be a few bad weeks where we have to figure out what's not working and learn how to use the new system and all that jazz. Good luck!!!

Edited because I am struggling with screen names today!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @eilis1228 wow those work issues sound horrible I hope it gets fixed soon.  I firmly believe you should be supplied two mini bottles of vodka( like the kind from airplanes) a day at work at the expense of the company of course....

Anniversary

• @allusive007 In good news, when I was in the hospital in June, they admitted me BECAUSE my white blood cell count was like...18000 or something?  And I also had an active infection I needed drained (but it almost sounded like they wouldn't have admitted me without the bloodwork stuff too, in which cause I would have smacked them in the face)  I would think if they're letting you chill at home and wait it out, they're not too concerned.  Usually an elevated WBC means you're fighting an infection, but I think technically that infection could be something silly like allergies too.  I hope your blood counts get back to normal soon!  It should be noted that for most of m adult life my WBC has been elevated - "perks" of having a skin/autoimmune disorder (I vote that it is autoimmune as well, but docs disagree because they're dumb)

@aurorarose41 oh god, I never even thought a period could be a worse issue with a bleeding disorder :(  That's scary!  I hope your doctors get things back to normal before next month!

My eyebrows look aaaaaamazing.  The front desk people were trying to convince me I wanted a facial, massage, etc. lol - I'm like I am the least girly girl you have ever met.  But I am going back in 3 weeks to make sure my eyebrows stay tamed lol

I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • @Blue & White - Glad your eyebrows turned out awesome!
  • @Blue yay for tamed eyebrows, glad it worked out. 

Anniversary

• @eilis1228 - Oh no! That really sucks about your work e-mails. Is there any way your company can be un-blacklisted?

I'm so bored at work today. There's not a lot for me to do but I still need to stay til 5 because I'm picking BF up from work and there's no point in leaving if he still needs to be at work. I've been working on this e-mail campaign for a couple weeks now and it's a pain because they want me to advertise the big draws for our event in Februrary, except we don't 100% know what those are yet so I'm just guessing based on what we've talkd about. They keep pushing back when they want to start this e-mail campaign anyway. Our event is 6 months from Thursday so I think we should start ASAP but we don't actually have enoughe nailed down yet to start. Ugh...it's frustrating!

• @eilis1228 Thanks! I've been applying to a mix of retail and other jobs, so hopefully something will come through. Thankfully school is about to start, so most places should have a few spots opening up soon. 
  • Getting dry shampoo in your eyes must be what pepper spray feels like.

I am dying right now. Not literally, but Christ on a bike, this freakin hurts.

• Ugh...I just had the most disappointing moment! An e-mail from the job I interviewed for popped and I was all OMG this is it! The moment! 
    rainbow vomit

But it was only a response to my "thanks for the interview" e-mail and her saying she's reached out to my references. Bubble of excitement popped.

welp

• @eilis1228 and @Blue & White thanks! It is definitely better today, but it still is way too heavy to be normal. And trust me, a bleeding disorder makes it 10 million times worse. So this might be TMI, but yesterday I was going through overnight maxi pads every 15-30 minutes for about 3 hours straight. Before birth control, that's how it was (except it was like that for 6 hours straight), and I would have to miss school 1-2 days a month for my period. I even remember a few very embarrassing moments during middle and high school where I couldn't get to a bathroom in time and blood leaked all over my clothes. I just made an appointment with my hematologist to hopefully get to the bottom of this, because I can't miss 1-2 days of work a month for my period alone.

• @TwoDimes - That makes me hopeful! I haven't been in the job search world that long so I'm new to all this! I don't know what's a good sign and what isn't!

• @Bethsmiles it could have been worse.. it could have been the "thank you for applying but we've gone in another direction." Still sending all the job vibes!!!
    friends tv show funy
  • @bethsmiles - ugh!  that is a letdown.  surely you'll hear something today or tomorrow!
  • @bethsmiles I hope it's a good sign! Still keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards