Snarky Brides

The worst wedding trends on Pinterest...

Re: The worst wedding trends on Pinterest...

• I'm totally okay with pinning for brainstorming purposes. I'm not okay with some entitled brat freaking out because her FI didn't buy the 3-carat ring she pinned when she was 17.
  • I know people who had a their photographer take photos of them changing their relationship status on facebook using their phones lol
  • gen148gen148 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited August 2014

I know people who had a their photographer take photos of them changing their relationship status on facebook using their phones lol

wow!  Taking a pic *after* they're Facebook official seems okay, but during??
  • gen148gen148 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited August 2014
    Say whaaaaaaaaat??
    I wanna know how many people backed out strictly because of the dance tutorial.  Was this a STD?  Seems long-winded for even a regular invite.
  • Marzipan13Marzipan13 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited August 2014
    gen148 said:
    Say whaaaaaaaaat??
    I wanna know how many people backed out strictly because of the dance tutorial.  Was this a STD?  Seems long-winded for even a regular invite.

I would have definitely attended.  Definitely worn stripper heels to the ceremony (lime green ones, at that).  Definitely worn my prescription eyeglasses instead of sunglasses.  Definitely would advise FI to bring a sombrero instead of a trillby (the fuck? I had to google that one).  Definitely would learn an interpretive dance routine, rather than the provided.  Definitely would show up with no food in my stomach and gotten piss drunk off champagne (don't test me).  

ETA: Whoa, whoa, whoa.  "Our sit-down wedding breakfast isn't until 6 PM."   Is this a typo?!  Or are they doing a breakfast-for-dinner theme?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Mr. Bean Flipping the Bird
  • @Marzipan13 Sombrero.  I love that!  And sky-high lime green stripper heels, heck yeah.  So gutsy.
  • wtf
    She probably thinks her legs are something special and wants to show them off. Same with the earlier pictures of brides who are half naked. It screams "LOOK HOW SKINNY AND HOT I AM LALALALA"

At least to me. lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• larrygaga said:
    wtf
    She probably thinks her legs are something special and wants to show them off. Same with the earlier pictures of brides who are half naked. It screams "LOOK HOW SKINNY AND HOT I AM LALALALA"

At least to me. lol
    Ditto!
  • @Marzipan13‌ Wedding reception meals are called a wedding breakfast in England.
  • @Marzipan13‌ Wedding reception meals are called a wedding breakfast in England.

Ahhhh I did not know - that would probably explain their use of "trillby" too.  Thanks for learnin' me! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • wrigleyvillewrigleyville member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited August 2014
    larrygaga said:
    wtf

At least to me. lol
    Ditto!
    I think the same thing every time I see a picture like this. Those bows come pre-tied. You can tell she's posing this way simply to show off her figure.

• larrygaga said:
    wtf

At least to me. lol
    Ditto!
    I think the same thing every time I see a picture like this. Those bows come pre-tied. You can tell she's posing this way simply to show off her figure.

Those don't really bother me. They might if they were put all over Facebook or something, but not if the bride wanted them for herself. People's bodies change over time. I completely understand wanting a picture of yourself. Eventually, your good looks fade. I don't see a problem with wanting to capture pictures of your body. I don't want any of myself in underwear or naked, but I have no problems with people who do. 
  • It just looks so silly and posed because that bow doesn't need to be tied.  Why bother having the hands in the photo at all?  Also, I don't know about other people, but I'm not wearing sexy underwear under by dress.  That stuff would all show through like crazy.  My dress is fitted but it's not exactly skin tight.  I guess this girl must be wearing a ball gown, I guess.
  • It just looks so silly and posed because that bow doesn't need to be tied.  Why bother having the hands in the photo at all?  Also, I don't know about other people, but I'm not wearing sexy underwear under by dress.  That stuff would all show through like crazy.  My dress is fitted but it's not exactly skin tight.  I guess this girl must be wearing a ball gown, I guess.

Hell, I'm wearing a ballgown and you can bet your sweet asses I'm not wearing anything that looks REMOTELY sexy under it (well, maybe my longline bra - it has some lace around it).  I am wearing shit that's supportive but comfortable, and it definitely doesn't look like that.  "Sausage casing", as I like to call it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    I can agree about the bow. But I didn't wear a ball gown and still you couldn't see my underwear. I wore black underwear under my dress, and you couldn't tell at all. 
  • I understand open bars are expensive but if you're going to only serve one alcoholic signature drink WHY would you serve something with blue curacao as a main ingredient?

No one over the age of 20 actually wants this, and you are making your guests decide between being sober or having completely blue teeth/tongue lips etc.

UGH

• People who have gotten married 6 months-1 year before Pinterst became popular and and creating "Vow renewal ceremony" boards. 
  • What do you guys think of this?  I don't like it, and I think it's kind of weird, but I can't quite put my finger on why.

Caption: "This 'Fish Bowl Game' is a really fun twist on the tradition of clinking glasses together for the Bride and Groom to kiss. Instead the DJ draws names of couples who must come out to the dance floor and demonstrate a kiss that the Bride and Groom have to imitate. This is a ton of fun to watch and participate in."

WHAT?  Also, all these pictures are of the bride with either her new-H or someone who looks like her dad!  

@lovesclimbing, the pictures aren't all of the bride, different dress and hair.  I'm thinking it's probably her mom and dad in the left pictures and the wedding couple in the right pictures imitating the kisses.
  • APDSS22 said:
    What do you guys think of this?  I don't like it, and I think it's kind of weird, but I can't quite put my finger on why.

Caption: "This 'Fish Bowl Game' is a really fun twist on the tradition of clinking glasses together for the Bride and Groom to kiss. Instead the DJ draws names of couples who must come out to the dance floor and demonstrate a kiss that the Bride and Groom have to imitate. This is a ton of fun to watch and participate in."

WHAT?  Also, all these pictures are of the bride with either her new-H or someone who looks like her dad!  

@lovesclimbing, the pictures aren't all of the bride, different dress and hair.  I'm thinking it's probably her mom and dad in the left pictures and the wedding couple in the right pictures imitating the kisses.
    I can kind of see that now.  They looked the same, just different lighting to me.
  • Is it weird that I saw "rapture photography" and immediately thought Biblical end times and not happiness and pleasure?

Nope!

The weird is me. I was trying to figure out how birds of prey related to skivvies prancing around. Then I wondered how the bird of prey owned a photography business and/or took picture.

Sadly it took me several hours to catch on that the bird is a RAPTOR.

I still want one taking my pictures.
  • I hate it when Weddings come with a friggin' instruction manual.

2 steps to the right?  How about I step a boot in your ass.  You can't tell me how to electric slide!  I'll do it any damn way I want.

Oh, they can tell me how to electric slide. They can tell me all they want. But they can't force me to get out of my chair during said dance and if I am dragged out, I will just stand in the middle and move nothing. They can dance around me.
  • Dear Pintrest, BURLAP IS A FUCKING MOURNING FABRIC! Stop trying to use it for weddings already! Never mind the nasty odor, itchy texture and shedding fibers on everything, it's for mourning not celebrations of what should be joyful events. I've walked out on too many vendors who are now burlap dispensers. The next person who suggests I use burlap or mason jars or chalkboard or rude signs is getting all of those shoved up their ass so they can finally see how bad it is when done as some theme. I'm getting married, that's my theme.
    OMG thank you! I am so SICK of the burlap! Can that trend be done already? It's so ugly and sad. My FI's sister just went to a wedding and sent me photos of the stuff the bride was willing to give me/sell to me for my wedding, and it was all burlap bows and burlap table runners. Ugh! I was like "aw thanks for thinking of me, but we're not doing any burlap." In my head I was like AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH 
  • Burlap wallpaper came up on my feed the other day. Sigh.
  • I was at Michael's the other night and there was SO MUCH burlap. Burlap bows, burlap flowers, burlap pennants, burlap-covered buttons, burlap picture frames, burlap canvases, rolls and rolls of burlap. I wanted to puke right in the middle of the store.
    ~*~*~*~*~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards