Wedding Party

Older Ring Bearer Ideas..?

So I am getting married September 20th, and despite most people telling me 19 years old is too old, I want my brother to be in the wedding, and he wants to be the ring bearer.  He is a marine, and has been away for some time, we all miss him terribly.  He has fought long and hard to be home and get the time off for my wedding so I am more than happy to let him handle the rings, I would just like some input from people as to how to go about it.  Do you guys have any other ideas than the traditional pillow for him to carry them?  Neither he nor I mind using a pillow, just wondering what other ideas are out there considering he would not be the "traditional" ring bearer.  Thanks a bunch!

Re: Older Ring Bearer Ideas..?

• So I am getting married September 20th, and despite most people telling me 19 years old is too old, I want my brother to be in the wedding, and he wants to be the ring bearer.  He is a marine, and has been away for some time, we all miss him terribly.  He has fought long and hard to be home and get the time off for my wedding so I am more than happy to let him handle the rings, I would just like some input from people as to how to go about it.  Do you guys have any other ideas than the traditional pillow for him to carry them?  Neither he nor I mind using a pillow, just wondering what other ideas are out there considering he would not be the "traditional" ring bearer.  Thanks a bunch!

Stuck in the box

Hrmm...I kind of think a grown man presenting the rings is just an odd thing no matter how you go about it. He really preferred ring bearer over usher, reader, or bridesman? Interesting.

I've seen the "rings" carried in a box, on a Bible (or other book I suppose), and on flowers. 
  • I would think a 19 y/o marine being a ring bearer is a little odd, but if he wants to do it...whatever. He could just carry the rings normally. Pillow or no pillow - doesn't really matter. I would probably ask him what he prefers.

Personally, if you want him to be involved in the ceremony, you might offer him to stand up on your side, your groom might want him to stand up on his side (sides don't have to be even or one gender) or he could be a reader.
    *********************************************************************************

• When a ring bearer isn't used one of the options is for the Best Man to carry the rings in his pocket and present them when the officiant asks for them.  So he could just do that.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • There are no rules about the age of a ring bearer.  It's your wedding.  Do it if this is what you want to do.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • If this is what he wants to do, I would just have him hold the rings in one of the ring boxes. When it's time for the rings, your brother can stand up and present them from the box to the officiant.
  • I wouldn't call him a ring bearer, since everyone is well aware that is always a child's role. Man of Honor? Bridesman?
  • I wouldn't call him a ring bearer, since everyone is well aware that is always a child's role. Man of Honor? Bridesman?
    Why does he have to be called anything? He's just part of the wedding party and his roll is to carry the rings.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mysticl said:
    I wouldn't call him a ring bearer, since everyone is well aware that is always a child's role. Man of Honor? Bridesman?
    Why does he have to be called anything? He's just part of the wedding party and his roll is to carry the rings.  
    I suppose if there are no programs his title doesn't matter, or if there are he can just be listed under 'attendants,' but generally one puts titles in the program.
  • DH's BM held our rings for us. I had little satin bags that they were in and when the officiant asked for the rings he stepped up and handed them to the officiant. He didn't carry them on anything though. Does your brother want to walk the rings down the aisle or would he be ok with just being up front and presenting the rings when asked?
  • I wouldn't have him carry a pillow; that looks a bit childish (especially if he'll be in uniform).  I would just have him walk down the aisle with the rings in his pocket.
  • I would have him as a bridesman, and if he really wants to carry the rings in his pocket or something, let him.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards