Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Officiant suggestions

My fiance and I have been loving most of the wedding vendor search, but we're struggling with finding an officiant who we click with.  The one person we initially liked ended up being 30 minutes late to our scheduled phone meeting (after I called to remind him!) and forgot all our basic info.  This didn't fly so well with us, as we have busy work lives and little tolerance for unprofessional behavior.  

Any suggestions from The Knot community?  We are looking for someone who can appeal to our parents' traditional values, while also respecting our more open-minded beliefs.  PGH favorites like A Simple Vow are already booked for our wedding date (next June!).  Thanks!

Re: Officiant suggestions

• Options
    PepperallyPepperally member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2014
    I'm using Ronald Cambest. I chose him because he's also a social worker like myself, he has options to make it as religious or not so religious as you would like. I've communicated with him only through emails, mainly that's my preference, but I also was able to watch a video of a ceremony he did and FI and I both liked that. He was very responsive in emails and we clicked rather well. The video is on his website I believe.
  • Options
    I'm using "The Wedding Chaplin" his name is Rev. David Anderson...he was great to talk to and more focused on our marriage than just getting through the ceremony (like the people from A Simple Vow).

Although we are booked for June 26, so I apolgoize if that's your date.
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies!  I just contacted Minister Cambest -- it is a nice touch to have the video of a sample ceremony online.  And our date is one day after yours -- how exciting!  Rev. Anderson is already booked for two weddings then -- talk about a popular time to get married.  Hope your wedding preparations are going nicely!
  • Options
    We used Susan Talbott from My Happy Day, and we were very pleased with her. She wrote a very personal service for us and included some very touching, sweet elements to the ceremony, including a surprise nod to our grandparents' 60th wedding anniversary that happened earlier in the year. She was very respectful and understanding of our desires to not have any gender or religious references, and kept her ceremony as such. She is also very responsive by email and was willing to meet with us as many time as we wanted in advance of the wedding.
  • Options
    Thanks for the recommendation @tacomom!  Sounds like a great experience!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards