Favors

XP: Which favor would you prefer?

GerbertmcwayGerbertmcway member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
edited August 2014 in Favors
1. Leaf shaped cookie cutter
2. Leaf shaped bottle opener
3. Apple cider donut. My concern with this one is that I'd have to buy them at least the day before but not before 2 days in advance so they're not stale and I'm concerned about how much time I'll have for this in the days prior to the wedding.

Thanks in advance for any input!

Re: XP: Which favor would you prefer?

• atlastmrsgatlastmrsg member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited August 2014
    Apple cider donut.  I do not need cookie cutters, bottle openers, or trinkets/knickknacks in ANY form.  If I have to put it in a drawer at home, I'm leaving it behind.  Or, just put the money towards better/more alcohol/appetizers.  I don't remember a wedding because of the favor.  I remember that it was hosted well, I wasn't hungry, and I always had a drink in my hand if I wanted one.
  • Apple cider donut by far
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Donuts. 

Please don't give me one random cookie cutter. 
  • Donut. Or nothing. You're not required to get anything and I'm really not a fan of apple fritters or cake donuts (which I assume this will be similar to ONE of those), so I'd probably give it a bite then toss it anyway.
  • Yeah, doughnut.  Could you ask someone close to you (whom you trust) who won't be in the wedding to take on this task?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I went to a wedding with apple cider donuts and there were a HUUUGE hit, especially since they didn't really make an appearance until after dinner, and they were on a table that everyone walked by on their way out of the reception hall, so everyone was taking them home with them and eating them back at the hotel. I know my dress had sugar and donut crumbs all over it the next day. :)

I know the couple and the groom's father picked the donuts up the morning of and dropped them off at the reception.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• In order of preference:
    1. Doughnut
    2. Nothing
    3. Other food item that's not a "theme"
    4. Nothing
    99. Cutesy bottle opener that will take up space in my already difficult to close utensil drawer - I like multitasking tools.  I already have something that opens my bottles and does like 7 other useful things.
    100.  Leaf cookie cutter that again will take up space - I don't bake cut out cookies and the one time of year I might actually lose my mind, clear off my counters, and make them, it's going to be for Christmas and I'm not going to need a leaf.
  • Definitely the donut. Apple cider donuts sound delicious!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Definitely the donut. Apple cider donuts sound delicious!
    Agreed
  • Apple Cider Donut. 
  • Definitely the donut!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards