Chit Chat
Options

vendor response time

jules3964jules3964 member
First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
edited August 2014 in Chit Chat
So how long would you expect it to take for your caterer to respond to your questions when your wedding is 2-3 months away? 

I emailed our event manager a month ago with questions about our rental order, then sent a follow-up email with additional info 2 weeks ago, and yet another email one week ago just asking for an updated proposal so I could send it to my DOC. Nothing. We are now less than 60 days out. I called this morning and left a message for her. No call back yet. 

One of the things I originally liked about this vendor was their responsiveness to emails. The event manager I originally signed with seemed SO wonderful and more like a wedding planner… but unfortunately she left the company. Nobody even told us she left — I had to find out when an email bounced back to me. 

Our new event manager seems nice, but incredibly busy. I hate feeling like I'm bothering her, but we are paying a lot of money and I'm so angry about it right now. The woman who took my message had the nerve to say my event manager was on the phone with another client having a "planning meeting." Where the hell is my planning meeting? I feel totally ignored and frustrated.

Just venting I guess. Anyone else having problems getting their vendors to respond?

Re: vendor response time

• Options

My florist was like this for a really long time until I finally showed up to the shop one day and handed her a print out copy of all of my emails from the past month she hadn't responded to along with a copy of my contract showing that I still had time to pull out my money and go elsewhere. She has responded within an hour to all of my emails since.

I'm sorry you are dealing with this. It is so frustrating especially since you are so close to the wedding! Good luck and I hope you are able to reach them soon!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I had the event coordinator at the vineyard where I am getting married quit a little over a month before my wedding. Her replacement has bee pretty helpful and responsive...after we found out that basically none of my conversations/decisions from before were documented. I occasionally have to wait a day or two to hear back from the new coodinator, but she is usually quick Tuesday-Thursday and has gotten more responsive as my day gets closer. I'm sorry you are dealing with this though. I would definitely check your contract and see if you have an "out" if they continue to neglect you and if so, let them know you are fed up.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    jules3964jules3964 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2014

My florist was like this for a really long time until I finally showed up to the shop one day and handed her a print out copy of all of my emails from the past month she hadn't responded to along with a copy of my contract showing that I still had time to pull out my money and go elsewhere. She has responded within an hour to all of my emails since.

That's awesome! I wish we even had the option of going elsewhere, but we really can't afford losing the deposits we've already given them. Plus it sounds scary looking for a different caterer at this point. I'm hoping they'll pull through and everything will come together during these last few weeks. 
  • Options
    AprilH81AprilH81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2014
    Anything beyond 48 hours would be unacceptable to me...
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Options
    jules3964 said:

That's awesome! I wish we even had the option of pulling out, but we really can't afford losing the deposits we've already given them. Plus it sounds scary looking for a different caterer at this point. I'm hoping they'll pull through and everything will come together during these last few weeks. 

Don't just hope at this point. You've got limited time. I would focus on getting their attention and not telling them that you can't afford to lose the deposit. At the end of the day, you are paying them to provide a service. Pull out your "Bridal Bitchy Claws" as I call them and make them fulfill their end.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    jules3964? We married on Flathead Lake and were warned about "Montana time" by a number of people, but I was still surprised at how much slower a pace everyone there operated. Seriously felt glacial at times! That said, we eventually reached a good groove with all our vendors and everything worked out just fine. Hope the same holds true for you, too!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    StitelME said:
    jules3964 said:

That's awesome! I wish we even had the option of pulling out, but we really can't afford losing the deposits we've already given them. Plus it sounds scary looking for a different caterer at this point. I'm hoping they'll pull through and everything will come together during these last few weeks. 

Don't just hope at this point. You've got limited time. I would focus on getting their attention and not telling them that you can't afford to lose the deposit. At the end of the day, you are paying them to provide a service. Pull out your "Bridal Bitchy Claws" as I call them and make them fulfill their end.
    I know, I know… I try so hard to be nice and understanding, but yes… the Bridal Bitchy Claws are going to have to come out. 

I was also wondering if I'm just being too demanding at two months out. But no, I'm not. 
  • Options
    AprilH81 said:

Anything beyond 48 hours would be unacceptable to me...

I kind of agree. A month with no response is deplorable.
  • Options
    lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2014
    More then 60-90 days out - If I emailed them late-afternoon Friday-Tuesday they were responded to on Wednesday.   Wed/Thursday and early Fridays were responded 24-48 hours. Once in a while it was a week.

30-60 days - between 24-48 hours.  Maybe a little longer on a weekend sent email.

less than 30 -  24 hours or less.  Weekends when he had other weddings it would take longer.   Days he didn't have a function it was pretty immediate.

I found the closer to the wedding the quicker the response.    

I would already been on the phone to a manager or owner if I was you.    I was flexible because I know the business and they are busier certain days of the week and times of the year.   More then a week is not acceptable to me.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    jules3964? We married on Flathead Lake and were warned about "Montana time" by a number of people, but I was still surprised at how much slower a pace everyone there operated. Seriously felt glacial at times! That said, we eventually reached a good groove with all our vendors and everything worked out just fine. Hope the same holds true for you, too!
    We are getting married in a remote area on the coast, but the caterer is located in a decent-sized city (which is also close to a major metropolitan area), so they can't really use that as an excuse. 

I think other brides are probably more "demanding" than I am (squeaky wheel gets the oil), so I'll take part of the blame for not calling to follow-up before today. But still. Can't she at least respond with a simple, "hey, got your message, I'll look into it…"? So irritating.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards