Wedding Invitations & Paper

Which STD design inspiration?

Which style do you like better? 

Please note that we aren't ordering either one directly! They are just inspiration!

Whatever we choose will be on ecru paper with black letterpress. If we choose the vertical one, we might put "save the date" in gold or our names in gold. If we choose the horizontal one, we would put the date in gold.

The overall feel of our wedding is classic, traditional, timeless, romantic, etc.

Thanks for any advice you have!

If we did this style, we definitely wouldn't do the striped envelope.

If we did this style, we would make the date a little bit smaller and more centered:

Re: Which STD design inspiration?

• CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2014
    An STD must say "Invitation to follow." 
    STDs are very informal by their nature.  I don't like the lower case lettering.  It bothers the English teacher in me, and I think it will bother others, too.
    I think the first one looks too much like a wedding invitation.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • crackktheskyycrackktheskyy member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited August 2014
    CMGragain said:
    STDs are very informal by their nature.  I don't like the lower case lettering.  It bothers the English teacher in me, and I think it will bother others, too.
    Thank you for your feedback! I'm just looking at the design for these. We have our own wording. These are only inspiration photos for vertical vs. horizontal placement and the larger date vs. the more even font. Neither of these are exactly what we want (and the lower case letter drives me crazy, as well!)

If the first one looks too much like a wedding invitation, maybe we could do the second one, with the date in gold. I think this would play up a more fun and informal aspect of the STD, but with wording more like this (details changed for privacy):

Please save the date

08 . 09 . 14

for the wedding of

Audrey Jones and David Caldwell, junior

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Formal invitation to follow

http://www.ourweddingwebsiteurlhere.com

• Also, TK messed up the format but I would also put the wedding website in the right hand corner under "Formal invitation to follow."
  • I agree that there must be "A formal invitation to follow" at the bottom of the card.
    I will go with the first one.
  • I agree that the first looks too much like an invitation. Because of this, I vote for the second one.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I agree that the first looks too much like an invitation. Because of this, I vote for the second one.
    This.

• lurkergirllurkergirl member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited August 2014
    CMGragain said:

I just got mine yesterday...they do not say this...ahhhh!!! 

ETA: Clarity

• CMGragain said:

I wouldn't be too concerned. Most people with any amount of common sense will realize that it is a STD and that an invitation will come at a later date. Those that lack common sense will call you and ask if they are confused.

• CMGragain said:

I wouldn't be too concerned. Most people with any amount of common sense will realize that it is a STD and that an invitation will come at a later date. Those that lack common sense will call you and ask if they are confused.
    @Maggie0829 Thank you!  That's sort of what I was thinking, but it makes me feel better to have confirmation from a respected poster like yourself!!  Of course, I also really respect what @CMGragain has to say, so I was worried :)

• CMGragain said:

I left this off of ours, too.  OOPS.  I'm not sure if anyone noticed.  Oh well.
  • CMGragain said:

That gif had me cracking up! I'm sure your STDs look great!

Thank you all so much for your help!

We ended up going with the style of the second one, with the wording I typed out in one of the comments on this thread, and some different fonts. We're doing the date in gold. Can't wait to see the first proof!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards