Not Engaged Yet

Complaints/UO/II/Flames/Whathaveyou

Re: Complaints/UO/II/Flames/Whathaveyou

• I flame @caseface5 for not sharing her news.  Tell me NAO, you hoar!
  • Swazzle said:
    Swazzle said:
    Apparently an UO: I love all of the WR threads. I loved them before I was engaged, while I was planning my wedding, and I still love them now that I'm married. I would be sad if the women who have been here throughout different times in their relationship and life didn't feel comfortable anymore and stopped posting about their weddings. 

Also apparently an UO: I absolutely loved Robin Williams and I've cried twice since finding out that he died. 

@EisleyJoGo - I genuinely like a lot of the new posters and I think they add so much to this group and would hate to see them go but if you don't like what this board is about -- especially the fact that we're not anonymous and that we interact offline -- then maybe this isn't the place for you. The majority of the women here started posting on this board when they were NEY. Some of them were BSC and got called out on it. I don't hear any of them complaining. 

This thread has "Complaints" in the title. I thought that was what this was for. Just wanted to say my piece like everyone else.

So does that mean we can't respond to what you've said?

Honestly, I feel like all you do is complain about this board.

ALL I DO? Really............ Since there was that very first day. And then there is this one thing.

So yea, that's all I do. Obviously you're paying great attention.

Just so you know, this type of post is incredibly off-putting. It reminds me of 13 year-old rolling her eyes and saying no one understands her.

• @BethSmiles, i2i.

Also, have I told you lately that I love you?
  • @loves2shop4shoes - I get ridiculously excited when you say you agree with my posts!

• Confession: I had popcorn for breakfast and am eating my lunch (soup and a salad) at 11.  Sad.  I'm also feeling crappy about my body.  Caught a look in a full length mirror yesterday and was all "bleh, how can H find me attractive" but then that just makes me feel sorry for myself and eat.  Must stop the cycle.

Confession2/II: H wants to try jogging with me when we get settled in our new home.  I know this would be good for us (especially me) but I can't jog for more than a few minutes because of my asthma.  H said we would take it slow and is being nothing but supportive BUT I feel uncomfortable as it is and him seeing me (1) out of breath, (2) jiggly and (3) red in the face doesn't sound like it is going to help my self-esteem.

II: People who brush their teeth at work.  I know it is healthy and can deal with it after lunch but some people here seem to do it at all hours.  Your teeth can't be THAT dirty.

UO: I love the WR posts and did when I wasn't engaged, etc. I especially love putting faces to internet names.

• Apparently popular O: I love the WR threads, too. Makes it feel like a community.

II: Why is "I-got-injured" paperwork always humiliating? Like yes I was stupid don't make me feel dumber.

Confession: My brother and I still aren't talking and my mom has said she's watching her family implode over my wedding. Not quite. You're watching your family implode because I'm not putting up with his shit anymore, and if she's worried about holidays I just won't come home anymore. Right here, right now, I'm past caring how immature that makes me sound.

Confession: It's FI's birthday and I feel awful that all I got him was a card. Gifts are my love language and I know we are saving money for the house/wedding/general and agreed no gifts ... but I feel like I obviously don't love him, which is stupid.
  • @caseface5 new post new post!! To the above convo, I'm sure I was flamed at some point during my NEY life but I don't remember it. I'm glad I wasn't scarred from it but I think I have grown from being on this board, both in myself and my relationship with H. In addition, I think being around these amazing women has helped awaken a bit of a feminist that was always inside me. And now my H is showing feminist qualities which just makes him more attractive. I do mean feminism in the original meaning of respect of others regardless of difference context as opposed to "girls rule boys drool". Especially now that I live in a pretty conservative area of a semi-swing state, it's nice to hear both sides of a social debate. And we do usually bring both sides :)
    I feel like I could have written all of this myself! Especially the part about social issues and feminism. I love having a place to hear all the different sides of an issue it makes me think more about how I view the world and my stance on various issues. Even if I don't always agree with people I think it's great to hear their perspective and understand it more. I think it's made me a more open-minded person than I was before coming to NEY.

• UO:  Yes 573 Facebook people - I have heard about the sad departure of Robin Williams - did you ALL really have to post about it?  It is super sad but my FB reading is just everybody posting about it.

UO:  I love the WR threads.  I trust the ladies in this thread and during the day, you get a lot of responses.

Confession:  I did T25 Day 1 following the modified girl and my legs are killing me and now I'm nervous that I'll never be in shape.  I'm also wondering how long I'm going to stick with the program.

II:  I'm kind of tired of my own wedding at the moment - there's not much planning but I'm just stressing out for no reason.  I'm also hating that we're spending oodles of money on a vacation like this.  Oh - and then like my brother got a better hotel room than me and FI and was just like 'oh that stinks that you're the one having the event and you just got a 'standard' room' -- if we weren't having everybody at the wedding we could be staying in a deluxe resort.

Anniversary
  • @minskat30 - You just reminded me that I have popcorn at home and now I'm pissed that I didn't bring any to have with lunch.

Confession: I am now absolutely going to the convenience store to buy popcorn to have with my lunch.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• UO:  Yes 573 Facebook people - I have heard about the sad departure of Robin Williams - did you ALL really have to post about it?  It is super sad but my FB reading is just everybody posting about it.

UO:  I love the WR threads.  I trust the ladies in this thread and during the day, you get a lot of responses.

Confession:  I did T25 Day 1 following the modified girl and my legs are killing me and now I'm nervous that I'll never be in shape.  I'm also wondering how long I'm going to stick with the program.

II:  I'm kind of tired of my own wedding at the moment - there's not much planning but I'm just stressing out for no reason.  I'm also hating that we're spending oodles of money on a vacation like this.  Oh - and then like my brother got a better hotel room than me and FI and was just like 'oh that stinks that you're the one having the event and you just got a 'standard' room' -- if we weren't having everybody at the wedding we could be staying in a deluxe resort.
    T25 is so hard! I started doing it (and then got lazy and stopped) and I followed the modified girl too. I HATE HER FACE. Once I get my ankle figured out and healed, I plan to get back to it so we can be T25 buddies! 

• UO:  I am sick of being hit up by charities, even those that I consider a good cause.  It's especially bad at work, where every month they are raising money for something new.  We raise money for: Relay for Life, Susan G. Komen, Thanksgiving dinner for local people in need, we adopt a Christmas family, nursing students in Tanzania and we are collecting school supplies for local children.  Then last week we got an email from one of the charge nurses shaming us because we hadn't collected enough school supplies and because nobody had put $$ in the cards she bought for co-workers having life events (2 weddings and three babies).  Excuse me, can I keep some of my paycheck please?  It's my decision who I share with, how much and when.  She also gave me grief for not going to the actual Relay for Life event.  I told her, "I did the important part, I raised the money.  I raised more money than anyone else on our unit.  Walking around a track for a few hours does nothing."  She says it raises awareness.  I'm an oncology nurse who lost a parent to cancer and who is surrounded by friends and family members with cancer.  I'm aware.  End rant.

Confession: I'm coming dangerously close to BSC waiting for a proposal.  Now that I've seen pics of a ring on his phone (no, I wasn't snooping, I was looking for a pic on his phone right in front of him), and all his family are talking about us getting engaged, I'm getting super antsy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @lovemyrunner - That's so exciting that it seems like your BF is getting close to buying a ring! Try not to go to BSC, some ladies on here have SOs that had the ring for a really long time (over a year for one) before proposing! But I know how you feel and it's still exciting!

• Not so UO: I love most of the WR posts too. Now that I'm planning a wedding, I like seeing what all the other wedding-planners are working on. Back when I was NEY I enjoyed any WR posts that included pictures (dresses! rings! venues! invitations!). Seeing lots of WR posts never annoyed me as far as I can remember, and I was BSC as hell.

Complaint: FI is naturally thin so he doesn't understand how difficult it is for me to lose weight, or even to stay where I'm at. I am pretty happy with my body/weight right now, but I have to be very careful about what I eat 90% of the time. I can't just "eat whatever I want and exercise a little bit" the way he does. If I did that, I'd gain 50lbs in a matter of months. That's how much I love food.

Confession: I'm sad that FI will be spending the night at his friend's house in a couple of weeks for their fantasy football draft, because that will be the second weekend in a row that we're not together Saturday/part of Sunday. Of course, this weekend I'm having a sleepover with @Swazzle, @Csouza1, @Buddysmom80, and @Goldenpenguin - so...I don't really have any right whatsoever to complain. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @Hummingbird125 - BF is naturally thin too and while he is really supportive of my weight loss efforts he never really gets how carefully I have to watch what I eat. He can eat whatever he wants and never gains a pound.

• @Loves2shop4shoes and @Blue ask and you shall receive. SOrry it took a bit, it's a freaking novel and I was trying to finish processing our payroll at the same time.
    friends tv show funy
  • @Swazzle - Whew, I feel I'm the only one that's having a problem following/keeping up with 'T25 modify girl'!!!  How long did you stick with the program before you stopped?  Did you ever work your way up to not doing 100% modified? 

@Minskat30 - Instead of running/jogging - what about biking/cycling?  It's lower impact (unless you fall off, then it's high impact...).  With cycling you get little 'coasting' breaks - they're my favorite... especially after you go up a tough hill and get repaid with going down hill - you can ask FI that I always complain when after going up hill I'm not 'rewarded' with a downhill coast ;o) .

Anniversary
  • @Dignity100 - Not a bad idea!  H and I have biked together a few times before...before that I hadn't been biking since I was 13.  He loves it...my butt gets sore but maybe I'll get those special shorts.  I think it would be better than jogging with my lungs (I can take my inhaler right before a workout but can't get above 5mph on the treadmill for more than 5 minutes).   
  • @Swazzle - Whew, I feel I'm the only one that's having a problem following/keeping up with 'T25 modify girl'!!!  How long did you stick with the program before you stopped?  Did you ever work your way up to not doing 100% modified? 

@Minskat30 - Instead of running/jogging - what about biking/cycling?  It's lower impact (unless you fall off, then it's high impact...).  With cycling you get little 'coasting' breaks - they're my favorite... especially after you go up a tough hill and get repaid with going down hill - you can ask FI that I always complain when after going up hill I'm not 'rewarded' with a downhill coast ;o) .
    I only lasted a little over a week before my lazy-bad habit ways crept back into my life. I followed her the whole time, though. It's so hard and I was totally drenched with sweat every time. 

• I have a lot of reading to do as this is my first time on the board today.

Confession - I'm about to blow my redesign bedroom budget out of the water....and I don't care because its kept my mind busy and makes me happy!  (I'll share picks once the bed comes in and I get a few more items.
  • @minskat30 - The butt soreness gets better with cycling.  I am not thin, so I wear padded cycling liners and regular shorts over top.

Anniversary
  • Confession #2 I am being so lazy when its comes to working out more it's not fun and I only have myself to blame for being unhappy with how I look. 

Confession #3 So excited H wins the best husband ever award for as part of my birthday present giving me the amazing walk-in closet of my dreams!!!  I figured this was low on his priority list

Anniversary

• @Swazzle - yesterday after I was done with the workout, I went upstairs to take a shower and contemplated not going back down the stairs because if I did, at some point I would need to climb back up them.  My legs are store today - I'm still forcing myself to use my standing desk though (stand for 30 min/sit for 30 minutes).  I just wonder what 'modified girl' is going to throw at me tonight.

Anniversary
  • UO: I also love the WR posts.  I love that the people who have been here, sharing and supporting, are now able to share the planning part with us.  It's pretty cyclical anyway...one group will get engaged and move through to the wedding and then shortly after another group will come on with their proposals. 

Vent: Effing upstairs neighbors that I had to go up to at 2AM because they were fighting and throwing stuff.  Seriously?  No I won't call the office to complain about HIM, I will call the police and let them sort it out.  Apparently that threat was what was needed to SthemTFU!

On the ALS posts, eh whatever.  I see them, sometimes I watch them but really I like what @cu97tiger said, I just pass the things by that don't pertain or interest me in particular.  No need to get your panties in a twist over it.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @Swazzle - yesterday after I was done with the workout, I went upstairs to take a shower and contemplated not going back down the stairs because if I did, at some point I would need to climb back up them.  My legs are store today - I'm still forcing myself to use my standing desk though (stand for 30 min/sit for 30 minutes).  I just wonder what 'modified girl' is going to throw at me tonight.
    Ohmygod, the legs are the WORST. I forget which night it is, but one of them is like a billion squats then a billion lunges and then repeat 29384723 times. I think someone here told me that bananas help with sore muscles. After that leg workout, I wanted to eat a barrel of them. 

• for sore muscles, take a bath with 1 cup epsom salt.  it works wonders!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards