Not Engaged Yet

Complaints/UO/II/Flames/Whathaveyou

Re: Complaints/UO/II/Flames/Whathaveyou

• @swazzle so my new house doesn't have a bathtub in the master bath (but the bathroom is huge and definitely can be converted once we have the funds!) and I was like OMG I can't take my epsom salt baths anymore.  Nevermind that the guest room has a bathtub, it was like the end of the world. 

I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • @swazzle so my new house doesn't have a bathtub in the master bath (but the bathroom is huge and definitely can be converted once we have the funds!) and I was like OMG I can't take my epsom salt baths anymore.  Nevermind that the guest room has a bathtub, it was like the end of the world. 

I am jealous that you have more than one bathroom! That's the one thing I DREAM of about owning a home. 

• edited August 2014
    UO (but apparently popular opinion): I like that when I came to this board everyone was at different stages so everyone has different advice to offer. And I love the WR posts, even if I don't really comment on them.

Confession: I'm going slightly BSC since BF brings up the engagement a lot. 

Confession #2: I'm crazy self conscious and anxious, so I'm always afraid you'll think I'm one of the crazies. I swear I'm just odd and not crazy.

• Swazzle said:
    @swazzle so my new house doesn't have a bathtub in the master bath (but the bathroom is huge and definitely can be converted once we have the funds!) and I was like OMG I can't take my epsom salt baths anymore.  Nevermind that the guest room has a bathtub, it was like the end of the world. 

I am jealous that you have more than one bathroom! That's the one thing I DREAM of about owning a home. 
    This.
    friends tv show funy
  • Dignity100Dignity100 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited August 2014
    caseface5 said:
    Swazzle said:
    @swazzle so my new house doesn't have a bathtub in the master bath (but the bathroom is huge and definitely can be converted once we have the funds!) and I was like OMG I can't take my epsom salt baths anymore.  Nevermind that the guest room has a bathtub, it was like the end of the world. 

This.

SITB
    I also want more than 1 bathroom!!  My bathtub is not very deep and is not good for taking a bath at all.  I keep telling FI that most marriages are ruined because of financial reasons, ours will be ruined because of 1 bathroom!!

EDIT: and I own my home - I always thought I'd put in a 1/2 bath in the basement - it never happened.

Anniversary
  • Guys, we should start collecting donations for NEY bathroom additions/upgrades lol.
    Sign me up!
    friends tv show funy
  • I've got a bathroom to finish and old-lady fixtures/wallpaper to eradicate - can I sign up as well?
  • I've got a bathroom to finish and old-lady fixtures/wallpaper to eradicate - can I sign up as well?
    Me tooo. NEY g2g at my house and Stitches' house for some heavy duty wallpaper removal projects! Please and thank you!

• doubleSS07doubleSS07 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2014
    Swazzle said:

SITB:

@swazzle we actually chose NOT to have a bathtub in the master.  We are having a HUGE walk in shower done instead.  We will have a tub in the guest bathroom which no one will actually ever use until we have a kid.  Those 2 bathrooms are upstairs and all our guests will probably only use the powder room downstairs.  I am irrationally excited to have 2.5 bathrooms!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • UO: I'm meh about the wedding posts. Sometimes I like them and sometimes I don't. There was one point where I thought it was ridiculous how many there were so I just didn't read them. They don't help with the BSC, but they can be fun to read and look though when I'm in the right mood.

Complaint: All the people on my Facebook feed who are saying that suicide is the most selfish thing you can do (in regards to Robin Williams). Especially because they are all followed by "GOD WILL HELP YOU! BECOME A  CHRISTIAN AND BELIEVE IN JESUS!" None of the people that have posted them have any personal experience with depression (as stated by them) so I think they just need to shut the fuck up about it.

II: My mother handing me wedding magazines when we went to get our nails done together. Woman, don't try to make me BSC! I'm trying to avoid all that! You have told me you want me to wait before getting married, so why hand me wedding magazines?

Confession: Ok, this one is really serious. I'm freaking out but I have to tell someone other than BF and can't tell anyone in real life, so y'all are my best option. I'm really scared I might be pregnant. I'm on birth control and BF and I take a ton of precautions, but I'm freaking out. I didn't have a period last month, which I was like, "ok, nbd, it happens on BC." I was slightly worried all month, but now my period still hasn't shown up this month either and I'm starting to freak. I just switched birth control pills, so some of the stuff (like my boobs hurting and being super sensitive) may be from that, but I'm very scared. I'm too scared to take a pregnancy test. BF and I talked about it and he said he will support me in whatever happens and if I am pregnant whatever choice I make, which I love him for. Because, to be honest, I can't handle a kid. I'm 21 and still in undergrad. Which means I will be having an abortion, which scares me too. I live in a Bible-thumping part of the south, so if anyone knew I'd be ridiculed and shamed and people would try to change my mind. So I can't tell anyone except for BF and y'all. And I may be making a mountain out of a molehill, because my period for the month may still show up. I'm just really scared and had to tell someone.

• @doubleSS07 we have a HUGE walk in shower in our master currently. I would say it's about 4 feet wide and maybe 6 feet deep? Or maybe even 7. It is SO huge, I always joke we could have a party in there. @lapeanut1018 and @keptinstitches when we're done at your house, I have a few rooms of old lady wallpaper that need to come down too! And we have a crack in our wall from drywall tape popping haha - but I think that'll be fixed before you start the wallpaper!
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton

@Blue & White our master bathroom doesn't have a bathtub either, but it's H's bathroom. Mine has bathtub.  I would love for one of our housing projects ten years down the road to be increasing the size of that bathroom and adding a jacuzzi tub, and there is room to do it too.

Anniversary

• II: Whenever I venture to other boards on here I hate seeing "Knottie1234567325" posts. Why can't they get a username like everyone else...

Flame: I guess I flame those Knotties. 

Confession: I'm so not a reg here and wish I could be. I loved being around here more during the summer, and I'll be a little sad when I go back to work next week. I feel like my job consumes me entirely and I just don't even think about coming on here when I have free time. 

UO: I don't mind the wedding related posts. As long as it's marked WR then I know what to expect.

Me tooo. NEY g2g at my house and Stitches' house for some heavy duty wallpaper removal projects! Please and thank you!
    Dang it for being too far from each other! Otherwise I'd trade labor - help at your place for help at mine.
  • @500days I'm pretty sure the Knottie names are just TK being dumb...I've always assumed that at least.

@keptinstitches I'm so excited to start improving my house if only because it means we will be done moving in, haha.  I hate moving :)
  • @LaPeanut1018 and @KeptInStitches- I just removed a whole 2,400 sq ft house worth of wallpaper for my brother. A steamer, a spray bottle with vinegar, and a putty knife are your best friends for that job.

• Oh I hear you @blue. I hear you. No more moving. I'm done moving. I'm never moving again.
  • Everything @Hummingbird125 just said! You need to take a pregnancy test now...at least then you'll know and it's better than not knowing at all. We are here for you with whatever decision you make!

• @FoxandBunny, it's time to POAS girl!  Even if it's positive, it's probably better you knew than you continued to wonder.
  • @FoxandBunny I want you to go out and get a pregnancy test right now, or pick one up on your way home. I've been there, and, well I've never been pregnant, so the odds are that taking the test will just ease your worries. And, if you are pregnant, you can movie ahead with whatever decision you make. Good luck!
    This. Also, even if it is negative tonight, take another one tomorrow morning (early results are more accurate with your first pee of the day). 

I lived in SC when I found out I was pregnant at 21. There was no BF in the picture to support my decisions (it was a product of date rape). I'm from NY, so I travelled back up there to get the abortion. It was a low point in my life, but 1) I obviously got through it and have NO regrets about it. 2) You have a BF who is going to emotionally support your decision.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @FoxandBunny - Take a pregnancy test ASAP. Drive a couple towns over if you're worried about seeing someone you know, and pick up a couple. You need to know one way or another so that you can either make whatever plans you need, or breathe a huge sigh of relief.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @FoxandBunny I want you to go out and get a pregnancy test right now, or pick one up on your way home. I've been there, and, well I've never been pregnant, so the odds are that taking the test will just ease your worries. And, if you are pregnant, you can movie ahead with whatever decision you make. Good luck!
    All of this. We're here for you and will be here if you need to vent or cry and we'll be here to support you no matter what you decide. But the first step is definitely going and getting a pregnancy test. Imagine we're all there with you when you walk into the drugstore to buy it. And then imagine we're all sitting in the room next door when you're taking the test (I totally typed "and then imagine we're all there WITH YOU when you're taking the test but that just be crossing the TMI line hahaha). Big hugs <3

• @FoxandBunny I was in a similar situation. Buying a test was incredibly nerve wracking, but it also made my mind so much more at ease knowing that it was just the BC and not a pregnancy. Don't keep yourself in anxiety if you don't need to. 
  • @FoxandBunny - Take the test! I've had a pregnancy scare before and not knowing was horrible! I know how scary those couple of minutes in the bathroom can be but once you know you will be able to figure out what you want to do.

We'll all absolutely be here to support you no matter what! If you need to vent, cry, whatever.

funny minions hug gif

• @foxandbunny I agree with everything said.  Go get a test.  If you are weirded out about buying one, do what I did and go to the Walmart (or some equivalent) with self checkout.  I just took my first test 2 weeks ago and I was freaked out by it.  This coming from a 35yo married woman who actually wouldn't mind being KTFU.  You need to know one way or another.  No use stressing over nothing if you don't have to. Knowledge is power. 

• I'm super late to this due to a day full of vet visits for Ty, but I'm going to play. I'll respond to other people's in a bit.

UO: I'm on board with those who say they don't understand people's huge investment in celebrity deaths. I'm as sad about Robin Williams as I am about anyone I hear about on the news who I don't know. It's unbearably sad that there are people who find themselves unable to cope or get the support that they need, but I didn't KNOW these people so I don't feel like it's reasonable for me to be devastated by the news.

C: I don't mind the WR threads, especially if they are marked WR. I am one of the few truly single people on this board, and yes, sometimes it is hard to see that all my internet friends are taking a step that I'm not. But on the whole, I'm super jazzed for everyone, and if I'm in a mood where I feel like I'm going to be alone forever, I can just skip past those posts (which, some days I do, which is another confession). I can guarantee you that someday when it DOES happen for me, I'm going to AW the shit out of all my planning. I hope everyone will still be around by then to see it. 

C: Some days I really do feel like I'm going to end up alone. Like maybe there isn't a person out there for me. Online dating is the WORST and I just don't have time to go out to normal activities to meet people. Honestly, I don't even know what those activities might be. Mostly I'm really, totally happy with my life -- I love my job, my home, my pets, my friends and family -- but sometimes I feel like there must be something wrong with me that this hasn't happened for me.
    Remember like three-ish years ago, when I wrote almost this exact same thing, word-for-word? (I'll go back & find it, I will.) And you (and everyone else) told me that I was crazy, because there was no way that would happen? 

It's your turn now. You're beautiful, successful, funny, lovable, etc., etc., etc. There is no way, on god's green earth, that YOU are going to end up alone. It's just not going to happen. There is nothing wrong with you, and there most CERTAINLY is a person out there for you. I promise. You'll find him, or he'll find you, when you're both least expecting it. Cross my heart & hope to die, it'll happen.
    Co-signed, you will not end up alone! <3

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards