DIY Wedding Forum

Fabric Strip Backdrop

Has anyone had any experience making one of these for a wedding backdrop?  It looks fairly simple, just curious if anyone had any tips..Thanks!

Re: Fabric Strip Backdrop

• I read DIY instructions for an ombre fabric strip backdrop in which you cut the strips to the width and length you need, dye them in groups of 6 (dye each group darker than the one before so you end up with the ombre gradient) and then just tie one end to a doll rod to hang. I haven't made it, but it sounds extremely easy. You don't even necessarily need to dye any fabric, just go to a fabric store or look online for the colors you want. I would recommend linen fabric; it's lightweight but still heavy enough to hang (something like tulle would just float around if there's any sort of breeze)
  • Great! I am having a rustic wedding reception, and I thought I could do different shades of pink, lace,and burlap together to make it look really unique.  I like the ombre idea though it sounds really nice. 
  • Aw, I couldn't see anything
  • I did a ribbon backdrop. My dad made the frame, and my mom and I strung ribbons on a string. I loved it. 

Anniversary

• I love that! I think it will be very simple to make and looks very unique
  • edited August 2014
    I am making these for my wedding.  I cut 5 eleven foot pieces of thick hemp.  (I'm making 5 of these.)  I then went to the thrift store and bought every bed sheet they had in white, pink, peach and ivory for $1.35 each.  I snipped the sheets along one edge and ripped them.  I held the ripped strips looped so the ends were together and the strip was folded in half.  I put the two ends through the loop and snugged it up over the hemp.  I think I may run the whole thing through the top so the knots stay tight.    
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards