Honeymoon Discussions

Honeymoon suggestions - AI June/July 2015

Hey all!

I'm getting married at the end of June 2015, and I'm looking for suggestions for an AI. We'd like to keep it under 8000 for about 9 days. Overall, we want to be near a beach and have some privacy. We like the idea of somewhere smaller, if possible, where we wouldn't feel overrun by other honeymooning couples. That being said, I'd be happy to hear about other people's experiences at places that are more crowded. We'd consider either a pretty private resort to begin with or a very private room at a larger resort. 

We'd also like to avoid sweltering heat. Maybe it isn't possible - that'd be good to know, too! Thanks!

Re: Honeymoon suggestions - AI June/July 2015

• I can't give much advise as we haven't gone yet, but we booked our HM to Sandals Grande Riviera in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. Sandals had been offering up to 65% percent off along with other discounts, if you stayed so many nights you got a free couples massage and so forth. Also, with my fiance in the military, they have a military discount (they have a firefighter discount too). For going out of the country for the first time, I wanted something more "well known" AI resort than a smaller AI/company.

When we were looking at rooms, they did have one room that we loved but was too pricey for us, its called the Butler Village Honeymoon Romeo & Juliet Sanctuary One Bedroom Villa Suite with Private Pool Sanctuary. It has its own private pool and courtyard which I liked, however for us it was too pricey so we settled on a butler suite that has a semi-private pool instead. There's also Secret's that people that I have worked with go to and love. People have mentioned Riu, there is always a cruise as well, they might have some pretty private rooms for that budget.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was just at a Zoetry resort in Punta Cana the end of June. There are only 96 rooms, and even though it was almost completely booked we barely saw anyone! I was only there for one night (my mom is a travel writer so we checked it out then went to another hotel for the rest of the week) but it was absolutely amazing and I would love to go back. They have a few other locations too, and I believe they are all relatively small. So if you're looking for privacy I would highly recommend it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards