Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Father Daughter Songs

Hey there! I am in need of HELP! My dad and I are NOT close at all. I am going crazy trying to figure out what song for us to dance to. I want something unique. I am not the sappy type....at all.  I am wanting some kind of rock/classic rock song. No Van Morrision or Stealing Cinderalla and so on. Trust me, I have googled to the end of google. Again, nothing sappy. I am open to Aerosmith-just not I don't wanna miss a thing. I am sure I sound like a pain, but again we are not close so this is very hard for me to figure out. Thank you!

Re: Father Daughter Songs

• I did a pretty extensive search for something similar, although my dad and I are close we're not sappy people. I decided on Tiny Dancer by Elton John (the lyrics are perfect for me...I was ballerina and my FH plays in a band). Some other pretty good options I can across were Dream On by Aerosmith, American Girl by Tommy Petty, Wildflowers by Tom Petty, Be Still by The Killers, The Riddle by Five for Fighting, Thank You by Led Zeppelin, Wild Horses by Rolling Stones...there are a lot of good options if you scroll through older posts on here.
  • I don't know if you're looking for fun or like a "traditional" type dance that's not super sappy, but I'm seriously considering doing a ZZ Top (think Cheap Sunglasses or Sharp-Dressed Man) song for my father/daughter dance.

Or maybe "Sweet Child O' Mine" by Guns N' Roses?.
  • That you aren't close, and you don't already have a song that is "your" song. So go with an instrumental from the Piano Guys, one of their 2 albums. They aren't sappy, they are upbeat and danceable. No lyrics to cringe about.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards