Snarky Brides

The worst wedding trends on Pinterest...

Re: The worst wedding trends on Pinterest...

• My fiancé and I snark at all the burlap at Michaels when we go in there. Burlap, chevron, and mason jars are everywhere!!!
  • larrygaga said:
    wtf
    She probably thinks her legs are something special and wants to show them off. Same with the earlier pictures of brides who are half naked. It screams "LOOK HOW SKINNY AND HOT I AM LALALALA"

At least to me. lol
    Ditto!
    I think the same thing every time I see a picture like this. Those bows come pre-tied. You can tell she's posing this way simply to show off her figure.

Those don't really bother me. They might if they were put all over Facebook or something, but not if the bride wanted them for herself. People's bodies change over time. I completely understand wanting a picture of yourself. Eventually, your good looks fade. I don't see a problem with wanting to capture pictures of your body. I don't want any of myself in underwear or naked, but I have no problems with people who do. 
    But the problem here is that we can see this picture, which means she posted it somewhere public. You can take pictures of anything you want and if you don't show anyone, nobody can have a problem with it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• It just looks so silly and posed because that bow doesn't need to be tied.  Why bother having the hands in the photo at all?  Also, I don't know about other people, but I'm not wearing sexy underwear under by dress.  That stuff would all show through like crazy.  My dress is fitted but it's not exactly skin tight.  I guess this girl must be wearing a ball gown, I guess.

Hell, I'm wearing a ballgown and you can bet your sweet asses I'm not wearing anything that looks REMOTELY sexy under it (well, maybe my longline bra - it has some lace around it).  I am wearing shit that's supportive but comfortable, and it definitely doesn't look like that.  "Sausage casing", as I like to call it.
    I have to ask you two, do you plan on slipping into something sexy for the "after-party" with your new spouses?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I'm wearing a normal bra as my boobs laugh at "bride bras". I got me some BIG boobs. But I'm going with a sheer Ewa M bra that is hot as hell. DF loves my boobs in Polish bras as I get impressive boobs vs my UK ones that are nice, but allow everything to spread out more so I have normal boobs. My dress pics, I'm wearing a Kris Line bra, thus my pretties are in their full glory of lookie me, I be sexay! with my butt going Kim Kartrashian wishes her ass looked this good.

As for panties - not wearing them for most of the day, then put on the matching thong right before we attend our private after party. Mostly because I hate thongs but my dress hugs my butt and VPL is not going to happen.

Granted, it's all pointless as DF likes any of my lingerie so he'll love anything. But the sheer is a surprise and they won't last much after the hotel door is locked. Yay for underwear confetti! His favorite birthday present, which he gets yearly, involves whatever lingerie will look best on the floor.
  • The employee at Michael's didn't like my comment. Hrmph.

There was a lace trimmed burlap flower girl dress that she swore was amazing and perfect for every wedding.

"It's ashes that go with burlap, not lace. Burlap is sack cloth and the well known mourning attire was/is sack cloth and ashes, not burlap and lace." apparently wasn't nice. No shit Sherlock.
  • larrygaga said:
    It just looks so silly and posed because that bow doesn't need to be tied.  Why bother having the hands in the photo at all?  Also, I don't know about other people, but I'm not wearing sexy underwear under by dress.  That stuff would all show through like crazy.  My dress is fitted but it's not exactly skin tight.  I guess this girl must be wearing a ball gown, I guess.

Hell, I'm wearing a ballgown and you can bet your sweet asses I'm not wearing anything that looks REMOTELY sexy under it (well, maybe my longline bra - it has some lace around it).  I am wearing shit that's supportive but comfortable, and it definitely doesn't look like that.  "Sausage casing", as I like to call it.
    I have to ask you two, do you plan on slipping into something sexy for the "after-party" with your new spouses?

YOU BET.  I bought a sassy li'l number from Agent Provocateur that I know FI (then DH) will appreciate removing from my body
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Mr. Bean Flipping the Bird
  • lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited August 2014
    The photograph of the bride viewed through the ring skeeves me out because it reminds me of a stalker looking through a telescope or camera lens.

Could that be why it's bothering you, @lovesclimbing?
    Probably. That makes sense with what I was thinking.
  • I actually had a younger cousin (not engaged) message me on Facebook to tell me that I was NOT to use anything I pinned off her board in my wedding, because those were things she was going to use. Honestly, I don't even remember what it was, but geeze.

If you use something you found off Pinterest, its not original and unique. Don't get your panties in a twist if you see it somewhere else. 

I pin stuff from her board every now and then not because I like it, but just out of spite. She's a 'burlap bride.' I just...no. I saw a unity candle wrapped in burlap go up in flames at a wedding my FI and I recently attended, and if I didn't like it before, I really don't like it now.
  • The employee at Michael's didn't like my comment. Hrmph. There was a lace trimmed burlap flower girl dress that she swore was amazing and perfect for every wedding. "It's ashes that go with burlap, not lace. Burlap is sack cloth and the well known mourning attire was/is sack cloth and ashes, not burlap and lace." apparently wasn't nice. No shit Sherlock.
    To be fair, her job would be to try to sell you the things corporate gives her to sell to you, even if she hates it.  Even if burlap has thrown up all over the store.  Of course, some people are clueless and in love with Pinterest too.
  • If anybody cares about these things, TK posted updates about a wedding that Lauren Conrad and Lo Bosworth were just in.

Beautiful Instagram photos of course, but it was a burlap fest. I'm praying Ms. Conrad doesn't make the same fashion faux pas.  (Praying as much as I care about what random celebrities do, which is very little.)  

• Holy fuckballs, this is bad. If you're asking a loved one to be a bridesmaid, why would you bring up your urine??

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Glass Bottle Garland

what's happening here.... who are these for....
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2014
    peachy13 said:
    Glass Bottle Garland

Spittoons for the guests?  Bottles to catch guests' tears of happiness that the couple can keep forever?
  • doeydo said:

peachy13 said:

Glass Bottle Garland

Spittoons for the guests?  Bottles to catch guests' tears of happiness that the couple can keep forever?

Pretty sure spittoons for the lace wrapped, monogrammed, tobacco leaf favors
  • peachy13 said:
    Glass Bottle Garland

What the......?????
  • chrissy0905chrissy0905 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2014
    I really like Pinterest... there, I admit it!

Before getting engaged I regularly looked up ideas for decorating my house, new recipes for dinner, and even great ideas for my classroom. Since getting engaged, I've discovered the darker shadier side of Pinterest... aka the vintage/rustic/shabby-chic/burlap. I just don't understand why you'd want burlap on an otherwise lovely buttercream cake. I mean, really!?!?!

As for the use of chalkboards, I love them and am using some. My reasoning is simple. Both FI and I are teachers and use them all the time. They are a part of our identity, and mean more to us that just being a trend.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I thought I saw it all until I came across...burlap pinwheels...

I hate everything burlap, chevron, "RUSTIC".... barrrrrf

.........................WTF is the point of a pinwheel that can't spin?

Anniversary
  • chibiyui said:
    I thought I saw it all until I came across...burlap pinwheels...

.........................WTF is the point of a pinwheel that can't spin?
    ...RIGHT?!?

Wow.  There are no words.  I thought I'd seen it all, too.
  • oh my god no no nonoooooooooo
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• The burlap pinwheels look seriously sloppy.

Man-eating cake is hilarious but not my style....

Has anyone seriously put their foot in their mouth with some of this stuff? My coworker was saying he ordered little chalkboards for a table (gift table? can't remember) and they turned out much tinier than expected. I said, "Oh well, your wedding sounds so fancy already I'm sure you don't need those chalkboards." He said, "Well there are already plenty of chalkboards and we have an artist doing etc etc etc".  Ooops.  I said, "Ohhhh by the way you described your other decor I didn't realize...." 

• edited August 2014
    Oh sweet God, no
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards