Registry and Gift Forum

We Got our First Wedding Gift!

We got our first wedding gifts yesterday!  One of my best friends lives out of state & had a box shipped to our house.  He bought us a few things from our registry.  I'm not gonna lie, it was really exciting!  I opened the box, looked at all of the stuff, and got my thank-you card ready!  When FI got home, I showed him our presents, wrote the card, let him read it, and put it in the mailbox.  Eeek!  So fun!

Re: We Got our First Wedding Gift!

• Congrats! You rock for doing the TY right away!!
    *********************************************************************************

• Congrats! You rock for doing the TY right away!!
    I have been DYING for a chance to send a TY note!  I'm the only one of my friends who does them (consistently, for everything) so this wedding is no exception.  I spent $50 on cute notes at Target a few months ago and I love any excuse to use them.  Since he sent the first gift, he got a note from the "fancy" box. Ha!!
  • Glad I ran into this post and comments--was about to post asking if I should TY notes right away as gifts came in or wait to do them all after the wedding. We just got four of our china place settings (squee!)--I was so surprised since the wedding isn't until October!
  • I have this too!  I got an email that someone bought our china settings, the one thing I didnt think anyone would buy.  I have to run out and get thank you cards.  We arent getting married until Nov 2!

Thing is, our registry is set up that it goes into holding/storage until we are alerted that it is ready for pick up at our store.  They sent an email.  Some surprise, eh?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• We received two gifts yesterday as well. Do we open them now? FI wants to wait but I want to get a Thank you out right away. Should we wait for the shower that is coming up? If we wait to open them I will send a quick note acknowledging their arrival. Something like this "We received your gift today! Thank you so much. We are waiting until after the wedding to open them." Or is it best to open them and send a full thank you now. And we know not to use anything until the wedding. They're being shipped to my parents and stored there until the wedding anyways. Thanks in advance for all advice!
  • @ninkasi‌ We've opened every single wedding gift we've received to date and sent a thank you note as well. Our wedding isn't for another two months and our guests know that so it seems weird to withhold acknowledging the gift until the wedding. Plus its a good idea to make sure nothing is broken or missing parts. I only recieved one gift ahead of my shower but it was from a guest I knew wasn't going to be able to attend so I opened the gift and wrote the thank you right away. I don't think your guests are expecting you to cart these gifts to your shower to open them there otherwise they'd just ship them to themselves and bring them to the shower directly.

• Ok, just wanted to double check what the proper thing to do is.

Thanks!

• Same thing happened to me the other day! I was so shocked! My aunt and uncle sent us three very nice, very expensive things off our registry - my mouth was like O. I immediately sent back a TY. 
  • We've receved two gifts so far. Its so exciting! But im that bride who is constantly looking at her registry to see what else has gotten purchased :)

• We've receved two gifts so far. Its so exciting! But im that bride who is constantly looking at her registry to see what else has gotten purchased :)
    me toooooo :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards