New York-Long Island

First Meeting With the Catholic Priest

AMarch1013AMarch1013 member
First Comment
edited August 2014 in New York-Long Island

Hi,

My fiancé and I are meeting with the priest at the Catholic church that we believe that we are going to have our wedding ceremony in next week.   I am a little nervous since I am not very religious.  We attend church once in a while and we do not have a church that we belong to at the moment.  We chose this church because we both like and know the priest because he was at the church we went to growing up.  My fiancé and I have lived together for 3 years and I am having anxiety about telling the truth.  I am getting mixed opinions from friends and family.  Should we tell the priest that we live together or should we stretch the truth?  Please share your experiences. 

Thanks,

Alanna

Re: First Meeting With the Catholic Priest

• Hi. My fiancé and I are getting married in the Catholic Church. We've been meeting with the Deacon and he is very realistic in terms of living together, sex, etc. I understand your reservations, but if the priest asks you if you're living together, be honest. It wouldn't be good to start things off with a lie. 
  • You were right!  We met with the priest and he did not even ask us, but we filled out paperwork that he viewed with the same address. We had such a great experience and we were so comfortable to be ourselves.

Thanks,

Alanna

• Glad to hear that everything worked out :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards