October 2014 Weddings

Anyone else have a shower this weekend?

I know some of you did! I feel like I saw quite a few 8/16 and 8/17 shower dates on our timeline thread.

How did it go? What were your favorite parts? Did you play any fun games or receive any surprising gifts?

My shower was today and it was absolutely wonderful! I was a tiny bit stressed about it on Friday because I had had zero planning input (aside from date and guest list) so I had no idea what to expect. We played a few really fun games. The hostesses hid tiny fake engagement rings around the house and whoever found the most by the end of the afternoon won a prize. The second game we stood in a circle and passed around 6 gift bags (spread out among about 20 women) while one of the hostesses read a story about how Fi and I met and got engaged. She inserted "right" and "left" throughout the story and every time you heard "right" or "left" you had to pass the bag in that direction. The third game they interviewed my FI a few days ago and asked him questions about our first kiss, my favorite color, favorite restaurant, shoe size, and other random stuff. At the shower they asked me the same questions and then played his response. For every question he or I answered "wrong" I had to chew a piece of gum. Some.of the questions were reallu hard and yeah...I ended up chewing a lot of gum! But it was still fun and the video was adorable!

Opening gifts took FOREVER and I was sweating like a pig! The underside of my hair felt totally drenched when we were through but it was all worth it. I received so many generous and beautiful gifts! I think one of my favorites was an off registry item. Its a large silver platter with hammered edges. Its so pretty...I want to keep it mounted on the wall in our dining room when we aren't using it for parties.

Re: Anyone else have a shower this weekend?

• Lowell14Lowell14 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2014
    Your shower sounds so fun! Love the game ideas. Glad you had a great day :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My shower is in 3 1/2 hours, and I am soooooo excited!!! Yours sounds like it was a great time! 
  • My shower starts in 4 hours and I can hardly wait! I was anxious about it yesterday, but now it's just pure excitement!!!
  • @hkda2003‌ and @brittany8788‌ Can't wait to read about showers today! Hope you have a great time!

• Just settling down from all the shower excitement...What an amazing day! We had great food, a fun game and were blessed with so many gifts (including 12 towels - oops Kohl's - lol). Can't wait until it's wedding day - 55 days left!
  • hkda2003hkda2003 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited August 2014
    I had such an amazing time today. I couldn't have asked for anything more. I got super nervous walking in, and had given myself a migraine from excitement and nerves. I was literally shaking when I walked in and saw everyone there. Can't imagine what I'll be like on the big day!! We played 3 games, and one of them was who has the most stuff in their purse, and I won! Lol. Prizes, favors,and decorations were more than I ever expected. And now I have so many new toys to open
  • Thats sounds like so much fun. Now I am looking forward to mine on the 6th! 
    Anniversary
  • Your shower sounds awesome!

My shower was yesterday. I am exhausted and had such a hard time crawling out of bed this morning.

My aunt and cousin planned the most beautiful shower and all of my friends and family (the girls at least) were there. It was beautiful and there were many times that I was tearing up because of how much love there was in the room.

I hear ya on the opening gifts part. It was exhausting and I felt kind of awkward opening them in front of everyone and felt like I had a workout by the end of it! Thank you notes will be taking up all of my free time the next couple of days!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @SaraBrideSoon Good luck on thank you notes! I was able to sit down Sunday morning with a cup of coffee and knock out the majority of them. I think I still have 3 or 4 left to write but the rest are already in the mail! It is SUCH a good feeling!

• I'm dreading doing thank you notes because there are about 15 other wedding related things I would rather spend my time doing right now. I'll be relieved once I'm finished. I think I'll knock them all out tonight.
  • Mine is August 31st! I cant wait!

• Mine was supposed to be this past weekend but had to be postponed, it's rescheduled for the 20th. I can't wait. We're doing a shower and bachelorette party all the same day, I'm going to be exhausted. lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• weeniedogsweeniedogs member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2014
    I had my shower on the 16th! My future mother-in-law hopped in the car at 5AM in the morning on Friday, and drove 13 hours and arrived in Maryland at 6PM. My shower was the next day and was wonderful! A lot of family and friends. We had it at a local restaurant and had a buffet style lunch, with baked ziti, chicken marsala, caesar salad, bruschetta, and mozzarella cheese sticks. 

I got TONS of gives, which I wasnt expecting! One of the most surprising was a 13 piece cookware set which we DEFINITELY needed. I also got tons of wine - my family knows me so well! There were also a few of those infamous lingerie pieces where there were tons of 'ooh's and ahh's! Especially considering one was from my mother! 

We didnt play any 'games', but each person was given two cards - one being to write down a recipe, and one to write a note to the couple. I have tons of new recipes now that I can try out in the kitchen! We also had some raffle drawings where I pulled a name from a bucket - and whoever was pulled, won either a gift card ($15 to Starbucks, Olive Garden, and Panera), or one of the three floral arrangements we had made. Everyone seemed to really like the drawings! Saturday ended in a blast, and come Sunday morning at 7AM, FMIL and I were back in the car for a 12 hr drive back to Florida!

I JUST finished writing Thank You cards today, and I just put them in the mail box, so they should be shipping out to everyone tomorrow. Glad to here everyone else had a blast at their showers! Next up, BACHELORETTE PARTY!  

• jaz3088jaz3088 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary First Answer
    edited August 2014
    I had my shower this past sunday (8/17) and it was perfect! My sisters, best friend and mom did such an amazing job with the decorations and games, I couldn't have asked for a better day! (except my FMIL trying to embarrass me in front of 45 people but I just let it roll off my shoulders because she was NOT going to ruin my day)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @weeniedogs I'm jealous of all the wine you got! The hostess gave my sister a bottle of wine because it said Bridesmaids on it and I was pretty jealous! Sounds like you an awesome shower!

@jaz3088 Love all your photos! Your shower and the dress you wore are beautiful!!

• jaz3088jaz3088 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary First Answer
    edited August 2014
    LaPeanut1018 I also felt like opening gifts took FOREVER! I had to have someone get my water cause my mouth got so dry from being nervous from everyone staring at me lol 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My bridal shower was yesterday and it was at a surprise location! It was in a cute rustic cafe and the food was phenomenal loved everything about it!.  I wish i could relive my bridal shower again it was so nice and wonderful!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards