February 2015 Weddings

Have you bought your dress?

I'm getting married on February 28, 2015 in Pasadena, CA.  I am dreading dress shopping.  I know most people say to shop 6-9 months in advance.  I'm at about 8 1/2 months out.  One shop told me just to order by July.  I wanted to lose a bit of weight even before buying as I hope to lose more before the wedding and I know that they can only take it in so much.  Some dresses come in as soon as four months but there is always the chance that they need longer.  Just wondering if all February brides are already ahead of the game in dress shopping?  If not, when do you plan to do it?

Re: Have you bought your dress?

• kata18kata18 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Yes! I actually bought my dress a week ago even though I had no intention to.  I recommend going to try dresses on as soon as you can. My dress isn't even coming in for another 3-4 months so I'm glad I already have it in way before February.

Don't worry about the weight loss, they'll be able to take in your dress to make it the perfect fit.

Good luck and I hope you find your dress!
  • I am having my dress made for me and we are well in to the process. Since I don't live in the same city as my seamstress it takes a bit of time (and money and effort lol) to get the fittings in and therefore we started early. :)
  • I bought my dress 2 weeks ago,  I lucked out and found one off the rack so I didn't have to order but I need quite a few alterations.  But don't worry you still have time! Just leave a few months in there for ordering and alterations.  
  • I bought mine in May. I didn't expect to get it so early but fell in love with a dress. I wouldn't worry about losing weight. It is better to have it big then take it in. The only issue is going the opposite way and gaining weight. 
  • We're date twins! I bought my dress in June, and they said it will come in for alterations in December, so pretty much perfect timing. I realize you posted this a month ago, so you've probably gotten a dress by now, but I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents just in case. :)
  • I can happily say YES! I just got it at a Wedding Expo I went to last weekend! I got it for $200 off the rack, it will need alterations still since it was too big but I am so happy that part is done with. My wedding is on the 14th.
  • Congratulations everyone for getting their dresses.

I said YES July 31 last week and placed a 60% deposit. It's supposed to arrive sometime in November so I'm excited about that.

• I'm getting married first week in Feb, and I haven't even gone dress shopping yet. I'm thinking about going next month. I hope it's not too late to get the dress that I want. I know they require about 5-6 months sometimes. I want to lose about 10lbs before going to try on dresses. Doing the green smoothies to lose some lbs ;)
  • I said Yes to the Dress July 12th! I'm getting married February 21st. I'm having my dress made for me and they said it won't be here until mid November plus alterations. I'm glad I did it when I did. I hate being rushed and doing things at the last minute.
  • I found my dress Aug 18!
  • I found my dress about a month ago. I am getting married 2/28/15 also!
  • I bought my dress this week! Woohoo!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards