Texas-San Antonio

Low Hassle All-Inclusive Wedding Site

I just got engaged and I am looking for a venue to have a low maintenance wedding where I can just show up and have all the details taken care of for the most part.  I don't want to look for a caterer, worry about floral, lighting, and decor.  I don't mind getting an officiant and a band/DJ but that is about all I'd like to do.  I know the St. Anthony Hotel offers something like this that is fairly reasonable ($5000) but I'm looking for other options.  Hotels seem like a natural starting place or restaurants with large private rooms.  

Re: Low Hassle All-Inclusive Wedding Site

• edited December 2011
    Thank you.  I had not heard of any of those, but I may have 100 guests or more.  It looks like those are all for smaller weddings.  I'll keep looking! Smile
  • geminagigeminagi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Goen South also... They have the venue, catering, photography, etc. I think they are a bit pricey but from what I have heard, they are worth the investment.
    If I am not mistaken another great venue that would offer all of that is Gardens at Cransbury View. Having been there for a wedding all I could say was gorgeous!
    Good luck and let us all know who you went with!
  • rammo01rammo01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Spring Hill Event Center.  They have a nice venue with catering, tables, chairs, linens, centerpieces and DJ.  All for a resonable price.

Good Luck
  • intendtomarryintendtomarry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely try The Wedding Studio here is their website www.theweddingstudiosa.com they have all the services and pricing worked for me
  • edited December 2011
    I think I may have found the place - Spinelli's Vistro in Boerne.  I went and checked it out this weekend and I really liked it.  It had tons of character, was very intimate, and could accomodate a ceremony and reception quite nicely.  The owner is a character too, but very nice.  The icing on the cake is that the price doesn't compare to any place in town that can do just about everything and require little if any decoration.  The bridal suite is great too with it's own bar, a couple of rooms, tvs, and plenty of space.  It leads right to the outdoor "chapel" ceremony site.  I figured out that for everything for 100 people will probably cost about $8000 total.  For just the food and open bar and facility/ceremony the cost is under $6K.

I also went to the Hilton Palacio Del Rio.  They are by far the best deal downtown to accomodate what I need.  They do not charge a "facility fee."  Catering starts at about $50 a head but includes champage toast, hor d' oeuvres, overnight stay, cake, etc...  For 100 people, that's pretty much the same as paying a $2500 rental fee and then $25.00 a per person.  Their drinks are much more expensive though, but expected from Downtown.  Plus, guest will have to find parking.  The cost to have a wedding here will be closer to $12,000 for 100 people.

My fiance is going to go with me to these two places and we'll make a decision.  I think I know what it will be though...
  • edited December 2011
    We booked ours at Spinelli's Vistro for July. The owner and his staff have been really helpful and the price was great. We are going with a rustic elegance look.  
  • edited December 2011
    You should try The Convent, they have an in house caterer who can take care of everything from the linens to the photography. The actual building itself is gorgeous and you won't be stressed.

210 270 8999
  • Super late but hey better late than never and thought I'd help out some stressed gals working on their weddings! Check out Los Encinos-they do almost *everything*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards