Chit Chat

Tuesday Bordeom

pinkcow13pinkcow13 member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited August 2014 in Chit Chat
It has been so slow at work lately. I've mostly been bored, knotting, and looking up random wedding stuff online. So, FMIL is having a procedure done on her other knee on Friday. She asked if she could stay over Thursday and Friday night since the procedure will be at 7AM on Friday. She lives in BK, we live in Manhattan, and the doc is near us in Manhattan. Fine, cool. I understand she'll be sedated and all that, and might be in pain. So, FI texts me earlier saying that she asked if she could stay over today-Saturday. Um WHAT?! Apparently she has an 8AM appointment tomorrow. She is on medical leave from work, which means she would be at our place all day long for the next few days. Before I flipped my sh!t, FI told her we would be busy this week meeting with potential photographers , and gave her different transportation options. I mean, I feel that this is a case where you give someone an inch and they want to take a mile! There is no reason to have to stay over our place starting today, we're not running a hotel! And she can walk, it's not like she is on crutches or anything. She can get around the city using the subway perfectly fine. Or even take cabs! Anyways, that is my vent of the day. I'm glad FI handled it. In other news, we are FINALLY close to booking our photographer, yay! After that, we will start the DJ hunt. And my wallet will continue to bleed as we start putting down all these deposits lol. On Saturday, FI and I are going to a wedding, which I found out 2 weeks ago is a PPD. I had no idea that the couple has been married for a year now. The groom told FI at the bachelor party. This was after the bride had complained to me earlier that day at a bbq about how she knows some guests will not "know to cover their plates", and she knows they will end up losing money on the wedding. Classy. I'm also joining a 45 day total body transformation challenge at my kickboxing gym - top prize is $5,000! I already want to get back into shape by the time my dress gets in, so this will be awesome motivation - and I could use an extra 5K, so after August 25th I will be saying good bye to margaritas for a while. Boooo! What's everyone else up to today? ETA - Sorry, this dumb site refuses to put in my paragraphs today!
                             Anniversary
imageimageimage

Re: Tuesday Bordeom

• I gotta wrangle caterers, so I feel ya. I would not be a superfan of FMIL hanging out for a whole WEEK when she's got a few days ahead. Not into that at all.

I'm done at work for the day, so I'm about to go get a damn burrito. You, MADAME, need a margarita.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Yeah, she doesn't need to stay all week. Good luck with the contest! I've had a headache since I got up this morning, so I've just been sitting here all day watching TV and dicking around online for the most part. I made banana bread earlier.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • beethery, a burrito sounds awesome! I think on Friday I will go to my go to spot for a burrito bowl. And yes, when FI sent me that text intitially I just wanted to reach for some tequila lol.

AddieCake, Thanks! I definitely need something to motivate me because I have been so lazy the past few weeks. I love banana bread, I could sure use some right now!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Well, you can't have any! You have a contest to win!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • AddieCake said:
    Well, you can't have any! You have a contest to win!
    UGH! LOL.... it is going to be a long 45 days for me :(
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• I'm crazy overwhelmed at work suddenly so, of course, I'm busy knotting. I need to be working on thank you notes from my shower on Sunday and for the wedding presents that keep coming in but our house project is killing me.

Only idiots begin huge house projects 10 weeks before their wedding.

Which reminds me of how much wedding stuff I have left to do. Crap.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm trying to find creative ways to kill time until I can get out of here tomorrow. I should be released around 1pm. I would love to have a burrito or get back into kickboxing!! Only time will tell :)

I also got mad at my parent this morning because, against my wishes, they have been telling all of South Jersey about my illness. Someone posted about it on FB this morning and I flipped. I haven't told so many people- people I'm closer to- on purpose. It's my story to tell when I'm ready to tell it. They'll never learn.

• I'm crazy overwhelmed at work suddenly so, of course, I'm busy knotting. I need to be working on thank you notes from my shower on Sunday and for the wedding presents that keep coming in but our house project is killing me.

It definitely is brave starting a major house project so close to the wedding! Your wedding is close, that is so exciting!! Don't worry, I'm sure everything will work itself out in the end.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• I'm trying to find creative ways to kill time until I can get out of here tomorrow. I should be released around 1pm. I would love to have a burrito or get back into kickboxing!! Only time will tell :) I also got mad at my parent this morning because, against my wishes, they have been telling all of South Jersey about my illness. Someone posted about it on FB this morning and I flipped. I haven't told so many people- people I'm closer to- on purpose. It's my story to tell when I'm ready to tell it. They'll never learn.
    Oh man I would rage so hard. Sorry Jells. :(

And no way would I want any of my parents staying with me that long for no good reason. Hell no.

• pinkcow13 said:
    I'm crazy overwhelmed at work suddenly so, of course, I'm busy knotting. I need to be working on thank you notes from my shower on Sunday and for the wedding presents that keep coming in but our house project is killing me.

It definitely is brave starting a major house project so close to the wedding! Your wedding is close, that is so exciting!! Don't worry, I'm sure everything will work itself out in the end.
    You're very sweet to call it brave. It was dumb.

We started because FI starts school next week and won't be able to do anything- full-time school and work are enough as is. Our spare bedroom was falling apart. We didn't want to wait a year to do the project because we needed the space and wanted to stop paying for a storage locker (everything from my old apartment was in storage). Plus, he really needs space to study while taking classes.

In the meantime, our former storage room is filling our kitchen, wedding presents are filling our living room, and all of the crap I've bought for our wedding is filling the bedroom. It's hazardous in our house!
  • I'm trying to find creative ways to kill time until I can get out of here tomorrow. I should be released around 1pm. I would love to have a burrito or get back into kickboxing!! Only time will tell :) I also got mad at my parent this morning because, against my wishes, they have been telling all of South Jersey about my illness. Someone posted about it on FB this morning and I flipped. I haven't told so many people- people I'm closer to- on purpose. It's my story to tell when I'm ready to tell it. They'll never learn.
    Yay! I'm so glad you get to leave tomorrow! And before you know it, you will be munching on burritos and kicking the hell out of some punching bags :)

I'm sorry to hear your parents have been spreading the news all over. I hope they have stopped doing that. And the person who posted about it on FB - why the hell would they think this was a good idea?! Do people forget how social media works? That is just terrible, I hope they apologized for that. Geez, common sense goes a long way!

BTW - I'm loving your new siggy pic :)
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• wandajune6, that sounds like our place when FI first moved in.... Our home was a danger zone. Well, at least your place will be looking good sooner rather than later!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• steph861steph861 member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2014
    I'm trying to find creative ways to kill time until I can get out of here tomorrow. I should be released around 1pm. I would love to have a burrito or get back into kickboxing!! Only time will tell :) I also got mad at my parent this morning because, against my wishes, they have been telling all of South Jersey about my illness. Someone posted about it on FB this morning and I flipped. I haven't told so many people- people I'm closer to- on purpose. It's my story to tell when I'm ready to tell it. They'll never learn.
    Oh my god, seriously? That sucks. ETF potty language

• my day has been okay. Work has still a hot mess, I just didn't let it bother me today. I spent my lunch time watching stage 2 of the US Pro Cycling Challenge pass-by my house. It took all of 3 seconds to watch the pack for 100 something racers go by.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Its slow here at work (who wants a steam generator in the middle of summer?!?!? ) so I am just trying to find ways to kill time so I still get my 40hrs that I need. 

I am still super irritable about the shit going down with FSIL and she is not not coming to the wedding as of last night, which hurts D. I am trying to be there as much as possible for him and trying to focus my energy instead of raging at her. It's hard. She is an awful hypocrite and really judgmental and I think she is taking out her resentment about her husband's affair on me, because my FI and I started spending time together when I was still in a relationship. 
    Anniversary
  • Nobody buys mattresses in the summer. :(
    Our sales manager was in today, I saw him sitting at the desk when I came in, so I had to hide my soda and when he left it was all watered down. :(

Anniversary
  • chibiyui said:
    Nobody buys mattresses in the summer. :( Our sales manager was in today, I saw him sitting at the desk when I came in, so I had to hide my soda and when he left it was all watered down. :(
    Awwww I need to buy a mattress.  H and I registered for queen size sheets ages ago because we planned on moving to a bigger place and buying a bigger bed.  Fast forward, we've gotten married, still in our shoebox of an apartment and still in our full, with lots of nice sets of sheets stored under the bed for when we finally upgrade.
    Anniversary

• Perks of moving into a new house: local businesses send you coupons. We just got a free large 2-topping pizza from my favorite local pizza place. Life is good.
    eyeroll
  • I was bored at work so I bought some Sperrys, Reefs and a purse for the honeymoon. Don't tell FI, he already thinks I have a shopping addiction! :-p

• I was bored at work so I bought some Sperrys, Reefs and a purse for the honeymoon. Don't tell FI, he already thinks I have a shopping addiction! :-p

I may or may not have a bunch of bags from shopping yesterday with my mom in the car so H doesn't see how much I bought.

To be fair to myself, one of those bags has a present for his birthday.

Anniversary
  • @smalfrie19, that's really terrible. I hope she comes to her senses. There is still some time until your wedding so she may decide to act like an adult about all this. @lolo883, fun! FI thinks I'm a shopaholic myself lol. I'm on the market for a dress for this Saturday myself!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• chibiyui said:

Nobody buys mattresses in the summer. :(
    Our sales manager was in today, I saw him sitting at the desk when I came in, so I had to hide my soda and when he left it was all watered down. :(

Awwww I need to buy a mattress.  H and I registered for queen size sheets ages ago because we planned on moving to a bigger place and buying a bigger bed.  Fast forward, we've gotten married, still in our shoebox of an apartment and still in our full, with lots of nice sets of sheets stored under the bed for when we finally upgrade.

Unsolicited mattress advice. You'll get better deals and sales on or around holidays. Labor day, Columbus Day, Christmas and thanksgiving though they kinda suck, groundhog day sometimes, Easter, memorial day and July 4th.

Anniversary
  • I decided to be good about food and not go to chipotle. I wish I had because I could've eaten already, instead of waiting another 2.5 hours for the steaks to be done marinating.

But homemade burritos mmmmmmmm
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• FI dragged me through the latest downpour to the gym. Now I'm one of those assholes on my phone on the treadmill. ;)

(In my defense, I did run two miles and do 45 minutes of weights. This is cool down.)

• Ugh I was a lazy poophead. Came straight home after work and have been watching girl meets world. It's fine though, my challenge starts Monday - so I have some time to motivate myself! Now I'm trying to figure out what to make for dinner. Sigh.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Lol I just ordered shish tawook carry out from the treadmill. Is that lazy or multitasking? Yummmmm garlic sauce!

• Lmao that is the most amazing multitasking I've ever heard of! Ugh and now I want garlic sauce. I might just order something right from my couch so that I don't have to get up for another few hours.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Lol I just ordered shish tawook carry out from the treadmill. Is that lazy or multitasking? Yummmmm garlic sauce!
    Sounds like life done right!
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Hope the shish tawook is better than the watery pasta I had. Even the roll was soggy. Blech.

At least there was chocolate cake involved...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards