Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Photo ordering

Knotties - my husband and I were married a little over three months ago. Our photos came in a while ago and I am just now getting around to ordering prints. As part of our package, we get a certain number of prints free, and album (which we intend to keep for ourselves) and a significant discount on additional prints and albums.

My question: would it be rude to send an email to all of the members of he family who have asked about getting physical copies of the pictures and informing them of the prices and ordering? We will be gifting albums to our parents and grandparents as soon as I order them but we cannot afford to buy more than 10 or so prints for the two sets of parents and 5 total grandparents, much less some extended family who have asked about prints.

I've drafted an email linking to the gallery and ordering page and letting then know we will be giving them albums and a set number of prints. Is it common for brides and grooms to supply prints to all family or is my approach ok?

Re: Photo ordering

• Options
    Do you have the print rights to your images? If you do I would send the link to the relatives in question with a note saying they can email you if they want a digital copy of any images. 

I would not offer the prints. When they go to the proof site they will see the option to order prints on their own if they wish.

I would not mention that will be giving away any of them in the email. Gift the prints and albums to your parents and grandparents as you wish. You could tell them individually who many images they can select to have printed. The rest of the guests don't need to know you giving them prints as a gift.

GL! :)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards